• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ive spent the last 2 days trying out the shallow water pattern with mixed results. Yesterday I worked a shoreline point that gradually tapered off into mud. Fished from noon till 6pm. Started out slow, so i worked the adjacent shoreling breaks (7-15ft)and caught the occasional crappie and gill. About 4pm i moved back to the point and focused my efforts in area 4-7 ft deep. Crappies moved in for about a half hour then shut down. I probaly caught about a dozen in that short window, then they shut off.

Today was a different story, a worked a large flat near a shoreline point and found the fish to be very active in 6-8 feet of water. They were mostly bluegills but I wasn't complaining! Released a few over 10" and kept 15 8-9 inchers. Probably caught 50-75 fish today. A few crappies mixed in but they were smaller confused.gif... The bigger gills seemed to preffer my jig with just plastic, no need for spikes or waxies. Marmooska with wedgie(sp) was the top producer. Tip of the day, the people in the groups were getting a few but it pays to go exploring. Good luck!

Those two 10 inchers i caught, turned out to be only 9.5 after I measured the marks I made on my pole when i got home... smirk.gif Still nice healthy fish though