• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crazydew, are you out there?

cliffy

Just wanted to let you know that I picked up my SW XT yesterday....boy is that thing smoooth smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifgrin.gif. I stuck with the WB for now....probably go to a fall away rest sometime down the road. Let me know when you get yours..so we can shoot together. Later.

Stay safe.

Cliffy

Hey Cliffy- Sorry I haven't replied. No I still haven't bit the bullet yet. But I will. just need to make sure the XT is what I want. I thought you were gung-ho on that ripcord rest. What happened? simplier the better? Might be a while for me. I am picking up my gun safe on the 11th that kinda took a chunk. What site did you go with? Have you seen that magnetic arrow rest yet? It's called the air-rest. I guess it's the hottest thing at the archery shows in the southwest. check out the web site air-rest.com and tell me what you think. pretty spendy and you need a magnetic insert in your arrow. I am looking at the muzzy zero effect but also may go with the whisker since my shots will be well under 30yds. say hi to the . later tongue.gif

I shot both the WB and the Rip Cord on my XT before leaving the store. I stuck with the WB because it just seemed to be the better option for me and the style and space that I will be hunting. There was not much of a speed difference between the two..just a few FPS. I might try a drop away style later on down the road. I really like the Rip Cord and the Muzzy ZE. I have seen the rest you are talking about....a lot of talk about it on ArcheryTalk and other archery sites. I will wait and see how others review it before giving my 2 cents worth.

For my site, I went with a Cobra three pin. I like it a lot..very bright! I set up a little range in my basement...20 yards..and have pretty much shredded my yellow jacket target....shooting muzzy broad heads is nice..but it just eats up the target. I have been shooting every day...I try to get about 25-50+ shots down range per day. I tried shooting field points into the yellow jacket...but they are almost impossible to pull out.

Talk to you later.

Cliffy

PS: The red-head says hello...pass the same along to your better half.