• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hennepin Island

icollectfrogs

Haven'f fish the lake in years, was going up this weekend and was thinking about going by Hennepin Island. Can you drive there? If so do a lot of people still fish that area? Any fishing info would be appreciated

Gizmo: Are you out past Pine now or still inside of it? Was there a week ago, pretty slow. Bill

Any reports for Hawkbill? Have not been up there for a couple of weeks. Thinking of moving more towards Hennepin Isl.

Thinking of going to Hennepin Saturday, anybody have the latest word?? Is anything biting out there?

Mike

Smallmouth: We moved our house back into 16' from Hennepin last Friday. Had a good perch bite on Saturday, saw some eyes on the camera in the afternoon, but no takers. My son and a friend were there set up at 6am yesterday, no eyes and only two keeper perch. The camera showed a ton of small ones. they fished until noon. Somedays it works and some days it doesn't. Bill

Bturck,

I'm new to fishing Mille Lacs on hard water. I was wondering what resort do you go out of to get to Hennepin?

Thanks, KSW

i have a permanent at Macs Twin Bay which is on the east side of the lake, approx 3-4 miles north of Isle. Macs plows road right to Hennepin and a little beyone. If you access at Macs stop at the registration shack to pick up your road pass, they have a map on the board and shows exactly where they are plowed to and the location of all the houses. All of their roads are marked and well maintained. Good luck. Bill

There is an ice ridge N/NW of Hennepin which is causing some problems, however if you are portable you should have no problem moving around. I would check at Macs Twin Bay and see what they can tell you about moving around in that area. We are normally on the gravel by now, in fact by the first part of January, but it just didn't firm up out there so that Kevin could pull the big houses. Did you find this spot on Lakemaster maps? If so you should be able to get the GPS cords right to it. Bill

i found it on the H20c... ive got to be able to drive my 4x4 f150 to the spot. it looked like a great perch spot and i would bet there are walleyes there too. tomorrow looks like the best day to be out there out of the next few...wish i could...

regards,

minnesotatuff

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Oldehulse06
      Going up to visit family at Mille lacs 4th of July weekend. Given the current fishing restrictions and the fact that I don’t have a boat, does anyone know any good shore/kayak fishing lakes in the Mille lacs area?
    • JBMasterAngler
      Spent yesterday afternoon wading the upper croix. Water actually seemed a little low. There was lots of floating grass, so my traditional approach of using a fire tiger jointed rapala was unusable. Tried a whopper plopper for a bit, which avoided floating grass better, but I just didn’t have confidence in using it. So since it seemed like the crayfish outnumbered the rocks, I decided to use a weightless Texas rigged plastic craw. Caught 3 smallies, and a pike.   
    • h8go4s
      Here's the actual water level as of Saturday, 6-25. It has dropped some but still is 4 feet above the rule curve. This is updated daily; it's just too early in the day for Sunday's data to be posted. You can check it yourself here: http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html
    • Wanderer
      @chaffmj, never mind.  I decided to take a cruise on up there today.  Had a couple popple tops in the driveway but nothing I couldn’t clear.  Nice to see the area again.
    • BrianF
      Ludlows and Muskego both hit hard.  The Dayton place had a lot of big trees down, not sure of structural damage.  Some say a tornado skipped thru that area.  Looking at the destruction, I could believe it.  I feel bad for those impacted by this storm.   Below are a few snap shots of common sights around the area a day or two after the storm. 
    • Wanderer
      Mike, was there a lot of damage in the Ely area?
    • leech~~
      Drove through Annandale last Tuesday and was really bummed to still only see the old cement slab at Little Jim's. Hope they can get it built-back-better! 🙂
    • bfisherman11
      I heard recently the water level had gone down some. Sound like folks are re really dealing with a mess.    Fishing pictures look like a good year in that regard.   Hope the property loss isn't terrible but seems bad.   Bill 
    • Kettle
      Yesterday was a grind to find bigger fish but we landed a few. Only 3 fish overall but they were all nice fish, all C&R. I do believe the sunfish are out of the shallows besides small ones. Thursday I took the nephews out and didn't see any on beds.  
    • redlabguy
      Glad you keep coming back, Mark. And glad you still know the way to catch a slew of walleyes. I wish i could’ve learned more while you were here. But I appreciate all the information you provide on what worked for you.  Strange year. We just got part of our dock in and our boat. I fished a couple hours this morning for the first time on a Frazer hump you know and caught ten under 12” and one keeper which I released… a nice 26+“. I’m hoping more to come soon. I hope all is well with you, Dick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.