• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best option for 1 day stop

Myself, my sons and my dad are going to be fishing Red on Feb 16 & 17. We wanted to fish LOW on the 18th before we head back home. Whats the best location (resort) for a shot at some walleye & Sauger for the one day? We would just be paying to get on the ice, no house needed. Thanks in advance!

~piker

I'd consider stopping at Adrian's, paying for the road access, and heading out on their road just off of Wheeler's Point, which is north and a tad west of Baudette about 12 miles. It's where the Rainy River ends and Four Mile bay starts. Follow the ice road across Four Mile Bay, cross over Pine Island and try to fish in about 12-15 ft at daybreak and about an hour before sundown to just past sundown. During the midday, it's anyone's call. Sometimes when we stay in 12-15 ft, we do just fine. Other times, it pays to get out to the sand/mud transition or even further out into the mud. Look for 27-32 ft here. Hope that helps. I'm sure someone may come up with some better options, but those are the ones I have. cool.gif

Good Luck!

MJ