• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guys,if you go to Washington look out for the narrows,as there is open water on the north end of the bar about 30-40- feet out .The ice has held up pretty good in the last weeks April weather.Most places there is still 11-12 inches,but instead of most of the ice being good clear ice the top 2-3 inches are somewhat cloudy.

Good information and thanks for the heads up.

Please pay attention out there folks!

I was thinking of moving my house out to Washington. Would a person be OK by the north landing? I was hoping to find some pannies there. Possibly a nite bite. My house is a 6X12 on wheels and is pretty light. Where would you recommend setting up in that area?

Thanks,

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Flash:

If I were going for pannies I would go straight south of the north Landing and to the right a little.Most of that area is 5-9fow and usually good for sunfish with a few crappies in the mix.You could also set out a tip-up with a shiner for some Northerns.Another place that can be good is out from the landing a couple hundred yards and then hang a left towards grassy island.Just to the south of the island you can find water from 5-15fow and usually some fish there.

The ice in that area has been from 10-to 12 fow,but be very carefull as the ice has degraded some with this past warm weather.If there are alot of houses around third point,dont go there as the fishing will more than likly be not very good.

I,personally wood not drive out to far as the vechile traffic on the lake has really slowed to almost nothing other than 4-wheelers.Also,there is a big ice heave right in front of the landing but you can drive a vechile by it.

Third point,the first point straight south of the landing can be a great place for crappies with a few sunnies in the mix.I have had pretty good luck with the crappies using either a ratso or a shrimpo usually without a waxie,and these fish will be suspended.

As far as the bite goes,sometimes its morning evening middle of the day.Usually in the morning and towards noon in that area the sunnies will bite.Dont be stuck in one area if your first holes dont produce.Sometimes a 30ft move will put you on the fish.Good Luck and be carefull.