• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I can't believe I have to ask this question on January 31...but what are the ice conditions like on the backwaters around Winona? I am hoping to hit the Winona area on Friday, and then I will be at Pontoon Landing bright and early Saturday for The Brawl. I normally fish Bartlett, AKA the Airport Lake, but the ice out there can be tricky under less-than-ideal conditions like these.

good to see you are on the way up this weekend, i have not been out to airport but people tell me that the area in front of the launch is open now, and the ice they were sitting on was 4 inches and it was sketchy they said,but id take that with a garin of salt because i find fisherman exaggerate, if all else fails im sure mcnalays will have safe ice last time i went out around here was thursday and there was 10 inches of ice, but i was on prairie island road right there off to the right once you turn on the road. i will be up at the brawl too this weekend so im sure we will meet there, ive got a clam 5600 and a clam jr that will be up there, ill be with my buddies so come have a beer and a hotdog

tim (ww)

Thanks for the report. As of now, I am heading to the Faribault area on Friday, since the ice is still good for walking on there, by all accounts. I will be at The Brawl on Saturday. I have a Clam 2000, and mine will have a blue 45 gallon plastic tub sitting right outside it.