• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lake francis ice fishing tournament

i'm new on here and i was hoping that someone could help me with the time and place it is located(which landing/access and the time i would need to be there). i know that it is this weekend, but don't have anything else on it.

$1 to enter

$100 biggest fish

$50 2nd place

$25 3rd place

$10 4th Place

I think these are right, they are close if not, my tickets are out in the truck.

and there is a raffle drawing too with 1st prize of $1000

thanks for the help but i got one more qustion i was thinking the date was the 5th but thats a sunday is that the right date.

Is there certain rules for fishing contest? My main ? is, can you use a fish house? Use 2 lines? I have never fished a contest before, I have a friend that wants to go also, just not sure what all takes place.

You cannot use fish houses, or fish with 2 lines. You can use electronics, but must fish within the designated area. All the holes are pre-drilled (I'm one of the lucky ones that get this job every year). Don't forget the SAL raffle for $5 a chance to win a FL-8, 2 man fish trap, or 8" lazer ice auger. You must at least by 1 contest ticket to fish the tourney. However the more tickets you buy the more chances you get on the door prizes as well that are given away every 30 seconds. See you there.

Do you need to be present to win on the raffle tickets and if not where can I buy a couple before the drawing I wanted to be there but family gathering came up last minute.

No you don't need to be present to win. You can get the tickets at any gas station or bait shop in Elysian, and I believe in Madison Lake, but I'm not sure. I got mine in Waseca at the bait shop there.

Not a problem. Maybe I'll see ya out there! I'm gonna be hitting the St Olaf tournament Tomorrow then Hit Frances on Sunday.

Most of the local business', bait shops, and gas stations in the Elysian and Waterville area have the contest tickets. The Elysian Legion Post is having a bullhead supper Sat. night and you are sure to get all the tickets a man can buy there. It starts around 5:00 until gone. You need not be present to win the larger prizes, but must be on the lake for the door prizes. I have tickets to sell but I don't know how to find you.

Kato guy check the bobber shop in kato they might even have some if you don't want to drive to Elysian.

just to let you know we were at the tournament and had a good time did not catch a thing between me and the boy but it was still fun, did however score on one of the drawing and won a electric fillet knife, not bad for a 1$ entery fee. the winning fis was a 2#7oz pike caught by a young girl. in all if you missed it ohwell there is next year. thanks to those who put it on you did a excellent job.