• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i went out n bought my first icehouse last wkend a clam2000, i was wondering what is the best way 2 put my name/info on it, is there any kinda kit u can buy 4 this or do most people just use stencels n a can of spray paint?

I have a tent style of portable and used a short scrap of white vinyl siding and a magic marker to write my dnr # on it in legal size. I just hang it with an old bungee cord across two poles and that way I can fold it up with the tent or disconnect and keep it in my 5 gal pail untill next time I use it.The license is attached to the vinyl inside a ziploc so it is visible and taped to it so I don't have to worry about chasing it across the lake on windy days. local CO has not said anything needs improvement so I guess it is ok.This way also lets me screw it on the wall of my small permanent if I chose to use it from time to time without having to buy two of them.This year seems to be one of those years you put the perm out for 6 days and then get it off so it don't freeze in before you use it again.

Quote:

This year seems to be one of those years you put the perm out for 6 days and then get it off so it don't freeze in before you use it again.

No doubt! My perm never even got to the lake this year! frown.gif

smg04,I bought that same ice house this winter as well, if you look above one of the doors there is a vinyl slot. I just took some scrap cardboard and from a case of beer or pop and cut it to fit the slot and then purchased some 2" letters from Wal-Mart under $5.00 and stuck them on there. You can leave the sign right in the slot and folds up no problem. I know I have really enjoyed my shack, good luck!!

I think you also have to display your dark shelter license on the exterior of your shack. I've seen people just stick them on to their lettered nameplate. I have mine shoved in the pouch where my nameplate resides.

Take a look at page 70 of the regs if you have any questions

PS I wrote my name, address, etc on a piece of cardboard with a black marker

hey thanks guys,i did see that slot above the door, i printed my dnr# off the comp at work 2day n had it laminated. gotta get all this done b4 sat im thinking about going 2 that backwater brawl, sounds like fun and a good way 2 take the new clam 4 a test drive