• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Conditions

buggydice

We are coming up to Mille Lac's on Sat. renting a house out of Brandt's. Was wondering how the ice has been and what types of vehicles they are letting on the lake. We would be coming in either a Suburban or Dodge full size truck - 4 guys. Thanks

from what I saw on the west side any and all trucks could drive out.

To be safest stick to the roads.

The resort will let you know whats up if you give them a call. They won't send you to your death. Makes for less repeat customers.

Went out of Terry's on 1/28 and the roads had some standing water but the rest of the ice was sweet. 16-18" just like someone else reported.

Thanks for the info. this is our 12th year going out of Brandt's over on the southside by the Bayview Tavern. Never had much luck but getting away from the wife and kids is what it is about. Will be nice if something bites our lines, go skunked last year.

not sure of that area but when i came off the lake sunday the water was all forze up and i drove my wheeler about 40 mph across middle of lake and didnt get a drop on me.

Brandt's is over by Cove. They are the Purple ice house's on the lake. Jerry is a real good guy, will stop by in the evening to check on you and have a drink with you (what a job!! getting free drinks!) 6 of us heading up on Sat till Sun. afternoon.

I drove out of brandt yesterday 2-1 and I took my superduty out there without a problem at all 16-18inches of ice. My dad has his house out there and has been doing good. We took the portable out and fished over by 5 mile in the afternoon cought 12 jumbo perch and kept 3 nice waleyes and threw a few small ones back good luck and bring some ero larve thats what we caught all of them on.

thanks for the info. this is our yearly trip with the guys to get away from the wife and kids and let our hair hang down and try our luck thru the ice. got skunked last year. the house we were renting actually caught on fire about 5 days before we got there while Jerry was moving it on the ice, the gas stove line had cracked and a small fire started inside. He had to drill holes in the ice to get water to throw on it to put it out. But he had it all fixed up and was pulling it out to a new spot when we got there. no other houses around but no action.