• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Four of us hit the lake at 6 am on sat and by sunset we had caught 120+ crappies all where 10-14 inches my bro got 2 over 14 both went back in the lake we where fishing 10-18fow the new glow rap green with black on it was hot its been the hot rap all year I went bak to the same lake on sunday and 3 of us caught 75 crappies in 6 hrs all where 10-12.5 inches 1 over 14 outher fish we got this weekend where 2 cats both 18 inches + 7 eyes but where all small 14 inches in less 1 11 in perch it was a wet cold but fun weekend I will have to get some of you guys out on this lake with me you would have a blast

trouble28, Glad to hear you hit them good this weekend wink.gif!! I myself had a slow weekend with 2 pike and that was it. It sure is nice to see that there are still some decent crappies that are hungry down here, especially when they are hittin the old jiggin rap.

I would definately like to tag along with you sometime if you don't have any one to go with. Just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!

trouble - What's the ice like there? Where you in the same general area as 2 weeks ago?

Trouble28

Glad to see you are hammering the crappies.Ive had a good winter and it looks to me like yours might be even better.Keep doing your magic. What size rap have you been using?

Thanks-Tom

The ice is still good and ya still fishing the south side still a few snow banks that are holding fish you just need to keed moving and you will have no prob finding them and Tom I only use # 3-5 raps but the hot rap is a 5 them new glow raps rock its been a fun year so far cant w8 till the end of the month going up to Red this will be my 3rd year

I'm actually passing up an opportunity to go to Waubay this weekend, but plan to be out Saturday morning trying to get into the crappies that you've been catching trouble.

Have you been using any bait? I've been partial to my Go Devil Spoons from Scenic Tackle tipped with a crappie minnow head just about everywhere I fish, but I just may stop by Gander to get myself a #5 green & black glow rap and a few others for variety.

I might be down there on saturday not suer yet they been biting with or without bait also get the red glow rap I will let you know if I go down there

Fatty - I'm planning to be there Saturday around 6:30am with my Dad, Johnny and Johnny was checking if his Dad was interested. Your welcome to join us. My Dad is going to trailer a four wheeler over to haul our stuff out onto the lake. Give me a call Friday.

Hey Jacob,

I was looking to go fishing this weekend and was wondering what lake you guys were going to hit.

Brans

It's not my nature to withhold the name of a lake, but I took an oath to get someone else to tell me the name of the lake. You may want to try asking if any other FMers could tell you the name of the lake. Including your email address would be a good idea wink.gif

sounds like i will be down there this weekend if I see you down there I will see how your doing

I sure hope it's worth it tomorrow. The weather forecast has been lowering the amount of wind lately. I was thinking 12 degrees with 20+ mph winds might be a little cold for hole hopping.

I'll probably be connecting two Yukons tomorrow, just because we haven't had an opportunity yet. There will probably be one or two one man houses with us as well.

Well the wind wasn't 20mph but it was blowing hard enough that some one had to sit in the portables all the time so they wouldn't blow across the lake.

The action was not what we hoped for. I drilled a pretty good amount of holes from 10-18 feet, found some nice structure and hole hopped. The I had to carry my ice ladel with me because the holes were freezing over pretty quick.

We ended up with a few crappies, a few perch and a catfish. The fish were looking a lot and biting very little. We tried glow raps, big jigs, little jigs, ratsos, plain minnow, waxies...

This weather doesn't make ice fishing easy.

Maybe next time frown.gif

It was very slow we fished in my brother n laws big house till 11 or so got 6 eyes 12-16 inches then worked the south part of the lake got 7 crappies down there this front messed them up we where the ones in the 2 one mans you guys where set up in the right spot just that the fish moved

It looked like I was in a popular spot judging by the number of froze over holes dotting the lake. I was surprised how few people were on the lake. I guess the weather scared off a few of the cold blooded fisherman this morning.

Who was the lucky guy i saw wipe out? I thought i was going to have to call for help. that was some funny stuff.

Will anyone share the name of this lake?

If its an email only thing I would appreciate a pointer.

chris(at)tm9.net

Thanks,

I posted my finds on Faribault lakes the last 2 weekends on a post named Faribault. Always happy to share either way.

Yea if you guys are willing to share I would appreciate it! brian6715(at)hotmail(cot)com

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure which wipeout you're talking about ice-man. I was running from one house to another and decided to do a little slip and slide becuase the ice was so smooth. That was fun. grin.gif My dad did take a digger once and another guy slid across the ice but I think he was trying the slip and slide that he saw me do. The ice was sure slick. I was the only one with ice cleats too. If it weren't for the four wheeler and trailer to haul everyone across the lake I'm sure there would have been more guys falling that day.

I won't be back there this weekend because I'm heading up the Leech Lake for the Eelpout Festival.

we will leave this lake alone now for the rest of the year, to many anglers to much noise and now tuff to fish. there are some small lakes around here i will destroy tommorow. if you were the one with 3-4 fish traps a wheeeler and what looked like a snowmobile trailer you were on my #3 spot how was it? [email protected] shoot me an e-mail.

We ended up with a couple crappies, a couple perch and a catfish. It was tough to get them to bite and there wasn't that many fish coming through. I don't know the lake very well but would think that the fish were either over deeper water or in the weeds - or somewhere we weren't confused.gif

NOT the deep, at laest not in the 200-300 holes in the deep we drilled. This is usually wear I shine but they haven't been there this year. If you find weeds on the lake let me know. I plan on starting to do some scouting with the camera soon, I think trouble is going to get one in the next couple of days, if not i think he is going to go crazy trying to get me to get one.