• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Quick ? about Hillmans Sleepers

gopherfisher_22

Heading up this weekend wondering if Hillmans have folding chairs in their sleepers and i heard their bunks where fairly tight ifd we have a larger guy along should we bring a cot???

Thanks

Depends on the house you get. Buddy has some that I'ld love to have myself, and some that aren't so hot.

even calling up there won't really get you a straight answer. Unfortunately the people on the phone have never even seen the inside of the sleepers - frustrating.

we were apparently in his 'old' houses. One had chairs, the other didnt.

my suggestion - bring chairs, propane lanterns and a couple of 12 volt boat batteries. Our houses had electric lights ONLY. No one mentioned this to us either. Couple of the cars went dead, we were lucky we had some jumper cables. frown.gif

Thanks for all the information guys looks like i will just come prepared either way i will have fun.

we will also be using one of hillmans sleepers for the first time later this month. Does he try keep the houses on fish and off of the main road?

Thanks

houses aside, I can say that my group got 10 crappies between 4-7pm the first night, along with some wallys. Next day was MUCH slower. The houses were definitely off the main road.

I think the key is any spot is good for awhile, then it's 'fished out'. Time to move, etc.

Buddy will try hard to give you a good chance at good fishing. He takes a lot of pride in what he does. He could have many better houses but he has spent his money on V-Plows. The V-Plows you need to get houses to where the fish are biting best. If you are in one of Buddy's houses the other fishermen will be following you. He's there first.

Hillmans has done good by me. We have been there 3 times and have very good fishing if the fish are biting. If Hillmans houses arn't on the fish, a lot of the others arn't either. They have some very nice house, and some not as good. They seam to try hard. Most of the guides on Red do a great job. caj