• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

D. Davis to Vikes??

Down to Earth

With the Texans set on drafting R. Bush, maybe Domanick Davis would be on his way to the Vikes if they pull a deal off. This deal would seem to make sense to me. It gives the Vikes a very good RB while allowing them to address their needs on Defense with their 1st round pick.

01/30 11:21 Texans: Williamson sought from Vikings?

THE NEWS

The Texans are reportedly working on a trade for Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Citing a report on a Dallas sports talk radio station, the Star Tribune indicated that the Texans remain high on Williamson's potential after considering drafting him last year.

Our View

Houston would love an option opposite Andre Johnson, as Jabbar Gaffney and Corey Bradford have done nothing to distinguish themselves in that role; however, neither did Williamson in his rookie campaign. If the Texans intend to draft Reggie Bush this April, perhaps Domanick Davis would be available to fill the Brian Westbrook role in the Eagles-style offense new Vikings coach Brad Childress is bringing to Minnesota—though the Texans would likely need more coming back their way than just Williamson in a deal for Davis. Maybe there's a shred of truth to this speculation…

rumors,rumors,rumors I would rather have ricky williams than d.davis but it looks like shaun alexander is the top rb on the board onterrio smith will do just fine get some 0-line help and more defense!!

I think Davis is a good back, but I also know he has been hurt alot in the last couple years. Also if we get rid of Williamson, who do we have for speed WR's? Most of our wideouts are getting older, and don't have that spring in there step anymore. I would say if the vikes are going to trade for Davis, the Texans should be giving us more rather than us giving more. We are the ones giving the #7 pick in last years draft. All they have is a older, slightly beat up RB. We can always get a RB in the draft. I would guess O.Smith will be traded or let go. I think the new owners are trying to get rid of the bad elements!

Just my thoughts.

At WR we have plenty of speed. koren Robinson is one of the fastest in the league, Burleson is no slouch either when he knee is better, and he's only in his 3 or 4th year.

Also if we trade Troy we will need to give the texans more then just troy. Davis is a proven player and troy is anything but. He only had 3 td's and maybe 20 catches. He has potential to offer and not much more.

I doubt the trade will happen, just doesn't make sense

W dont need Davis not one bit. The thing that the vikes need most is an O-Line. Look at Denver every year with thier solid O-line they produce a 1000 yd rusher. I think that Fason can carry the load if he had someone to block for him. Also Troy is going to be a stud in the future do not trade him away.

Here's a thought. Troy and our 1st round draft pick for Carr? Houston can then draft thier hometown boy Young. We get back our number one pick when we trade Pepper. wink.gif

Well, with Culpepper's attitude lately, I'm not sure he wants to come back to Minnesota. Not sure if he is embarrased by the boat thing or not. Carr will be in his 5th year next year, so he has the experience and many years left in him. I feel he is a good passer when given the time. If you look at his stats from this year, he really had a decent year while scrambling for his life. I think he would be a good addition to the team, and most of all, a change of pace for the Vikes. I personally believe it would be a win/win situation for both teams. I'm no expert by any means of coarse. But sometimes change is good. JMO. Junky... smirk.gif

HE could be ok if given the time behind an offensive line. But then again so could Culpepper.

I think the Ziggy will have things straightened out before training camp.

With the lack of quality recievers in this years draft the vikes would be crazy to give up on williamson.The last I checked the vikes aint to stocked in that department.Koren robinson is a free agent along with burleson.I would'nt be surprised if one of these two wind up in jacksonville now that Mike Tice is there.Jacksonville is also in need of a veteran reciever and the free agent market for recievers is thin.So expect some team to throw big money at those two.

Plus theres a couple runningbacks who could fall to the vikes with there first rnd pick.Lawrence marony for one I think he has a lot more potential than dominick davis any how.Plus theres going to be a couple of free agents we might want to look at.

The vikes should try and land a linebacker though in the first round.That guy from Iowa forget his name Green?.he would look very good in purple.

Chad Greenway, he is from Mt Vernon, South Dakota, has had a great career for Iowa, I would be all for him in purple.