• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cat!

fishermn

Had the trail camera out since Christmas, and just picked it up today. Had a few pictures of deer, but this one really caught my eye. At first I thought it was a housecat until I went back and measured the little sapling just to the left of where he was standing. This cat was a good 18 - 20 inches tall at the head. I can't say I have ever seen a housecat that big. Looking at the white on his mouth and belly I'm thinking it *might* be a mountain lion cub. In any case, it is a pretty cool pic. Anyone out there ever seen a mountain lion cub? I know they are very colorful, but I havent ever seen one.

cat2.jpg

That is just a big housecat. The tail is to long for a bobcat or lynx. Although it could be a hybrid. Doubtful. And a lion cub would be much larger at this time of year in order to make it through the winter. I have seen many lions out west. Plus the color is wrong. Wild feral cats can get very big. Which is what you have here.

Yea, that's a big house cat. I doubt even a feral one, cause they aren't usually as fat(this ones got a gut).

Here's a pic of a lion cub

l46.jpg

From the Rochester, Post Bulletin

WILLMAR, Minn. -- A cougar was captured Tuesday near an elementary school after it was seen running through a residential neighborhood of Willmar.

Officers received a 911 call around 7:45 a.m. and found the cougar in a tree. Before an officer with a tranquilizer gun arrived, the cougar left the tree and ran around the neighborhood.

School officials made sure all the children were inside and locked the doors.

The animal was found under a large camper trailer, shot with four doses of tranquilizer and taken to a local veterinary clinic around 10:30 a.m.

Police were investigating to determine whether the animal is a pet or if it is wild. Capt. Dave Wyffels said it would be unusual for a wild cougar to come into a city with many people around.

Police said the cat didn't attack any people or pets.

I read that on different site and it said that it was captured in Willmar, ND, I was confused but whatever confused.gif. I also read that it wasnt sure if it was a pet or not.

i saw four lynx near my house a couple of weeks ago....thought they may have been bobcats ...since they are not something one sees much...but the local bioligist came out ot look at tracks and said they were lynx...drove right up to one...didnt move until i got out and then just walked away....pretty cool to say the least...

You picture seems to be of a Main Coon Cat, it is a huge breed of domestic cat.They get to be over 20 lbs and the largest I heard of was almost 40Lbs.

The average size is 20 inchs tall by 40 inches long including tail and weight at 40lbs.

Benny