• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday Fishing?

I struck out tonight on Gull. Couldn't find any eyes. Fished 20-30' with nothing but small perch. The perch were so hungry, they were hitting 3+" shiners on my tipup.

Fished Gladstone this moring. Caught 6 small crappies in 2 hours. Very light bites, very small fish, and very picky on presentation. Don't think I want to go out and do that again in the morning.

If anyone wants to hook up tommarrow morning (sunday), let me know. I can't leave for home until I ice a walleye confused.gif. I'll be back out on Gull in the am. If anyone has any suggetions, I'm all ears. Or post up and we can meet up and do some run and gun maybe. Thanks, Paul Stoffel

What a morning. Made it to the lake a little later than I wanted. Arrived about 6:30. Set up on what I think was a weedline in about 16'. Landed my first eye within 5 minuted of jigging. Was using a green and glow buckshot spoon and a minnow head. Ended up landing a 23"-24"-and 5 more in the 12-14" range of which I kept 2. The big ones went back. Boy were they fun. Made numerous runs for deeper water. I moved out to a little deeper water as it got lighter out.

I lost another bigger walleye on a tip up around 8 or so. Lots of small walleyes and perch between 7:45 and 8:30.

Walleye Dan, I stopped at one of your sleepers on the way back at 9. I wanted to see how the boys did the night before. They slept in this morning and didn't get out there until 8:30 or so. They were having trouble lighting the heater so I helped them out and got it going before someone blew themselves up tongue.gif. Nice set up you got there. Might have to get some buddies up here next year and rent it for a night. Later, Paul

Good Trip Paul, Glad the minnows worked for you. Timing is what it's all about sounds like the morning bite was better this weekend. Nice job! Maybe the next time you are up we can get you on a better crappie bite, so far this winter the slabs haven't been cooperating. See you next time!

Jason Erlandson

Paul,

Thanks for getting it going for them, I appreciate that. Glad to hear you had a good morning on the ice.

Take care,

Dan