• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

the ice is thick enough just about everywhere but the fishing is poor

can find perch and sunnies during the day

they are still catching a couple of crappies by the DNR access at sunset and through the night.... not a hot bite though

I moved my house in Hunts Bay today and caught 2 little walleyes at sunset

If we get a cold snap I HIGHLY recommend fishing by Peters Resort for walleyes

Fished Minnewaska last thursday, glenwood side for panfish. I havent seen so many small sunfish in my life, the vex was just lit up. For 3 guys we managed 5 10-11" crappies and kept 7 or 8 sunfish for fishing all day. The action is there, however the size was very poor. 14-18 inches of ice everywhere we drilled.

Quote:

Where were you? and how deep were you fishing? If you don't mind me asking.

Hunts Bay, there are two defined groups of fish houses, my house isnt in either of those, im off by myself

they are in 10 feet of water catching either sunnies and/or crappies

I am in 15 feet, no panfish, but walleyes through the night

people were still driving out with full sized trucks on sunday. I even saw a few 3/4 ton rigs. I won't drive on it anymore because from saturday to sunday the top 4 inches of ice got really bad and slushy, it reminded me of some march ice. The ice measures about 15" from top to bottom depending on location but the top half is getting bad. ATV's are the safest and ice cleats on your boots are a good idea to avoid a wipeout.

I was out on the north end as well this weekend the ice was fair but I still will not drive a truck out just an ATV. The action was great but the size of the panfish so frusterating. I did not keep a single sunfish and released a number of crappies as well.