• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone else pulling houses off?

TV BOY

Question

I pulled my house off the other night, not enough snow to bank it anymore. Now with the rain---what a mess. I didn't want to deal with a house frozen to the ice.

4 answers to this question

more so thru the ice as the temps AND warm winds will melt away fast on the side away from the wind. with minimum ice that we have this year two to three days will be enuff to get them droppin in.

you made a good choice to get yours off. mine has been and willl be parked in the yard. rain in january could bring pains in feburary. i read that some where. .... paul

I was on Washington south of St.Peter last night and today and yes many are taking thier permanent houses off or pulling them to shore.There is a fair amount of water on the ice this aft.,and probably worse as our april weather hits next week.Better safe than froze in.

I regret to say that I have pulled my house off also. Wading out to the house isn't bad, but It was as good a day as any to take it off, and I still don't feel comfortable driving the family out, so I guess I'll call it a year and dust off the suitcase for now. Oh well, it just means I have a better chance of getting on a bite and following it. Good Luck! McGurk

Its been so warm this year a person doesnt really need a house to stay reasonably comfortable while fishing. I cant remember the last time I used my heater in my portable.. its been more of a hassle to drag the extra weight than it is comfort of heat when its 40 degrees?

A year like this it might be wise to get the house off early, especially if it takes a truck to move the house. The ice might not stay good in many locations for a vehicle. Better safe than sorry.