• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies Biting

SpearmanInk

I was just out on Red yesterday and caught my limit of crappies. All of them were 13-15", pretty nice sized. They really hit with warm weather on Thrusday, but boy was it windy. I was at the end of Hillman's road, about 6 miles out. Using demon glow jigs, color didn't matter because I used red and blue got bites on both. I was in about 13-14 fow, caught alot of 'eyes too, biggest 'eye was 20". Crappies where hanging high about 3-4' AB. Good thing for old vex to help me figure that out. Used large crappie minnows at first but switched over to Euro Larva and the crappies loved that, couldn't keep them off my lines.

Good Luck fishing.

good to hear you had a great time. I went on a lake not too far from here for the first time and caught alot perch but then the crappies came around and it was fun to watch them on the camera and catching them at the same time, avg. was about 12 inches but they were fat like URL only a little skinner but they were nice ones though. They bit different than URL and I had a vexilar too, that helped. Good Luck to you all going there this weekend (URL)