• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duluth Bass League - - - Year 2

This is an invitation to anyone in the Duluth and surronding area that wants to share their knowledge or has an intrest in learning some new technics for fishing bass.

Granny and I put this together last year to see if there was any intrest in the area and found it to be a good time for all who took part.

We will be starting our second year, this club is based on stricktly hitting the water and having a great time, there is no money involved, except those who want to enter in a big bass pot for each event. Our teams from last year included a great bunch of guys, I believe we had 5-6 boats on a regular basis and we fished the area lakes around Duluth, Cloquet and moose lake areas. We try and pair people up as boaters and non boaters, all fish are measured and released immediatly back to the water, so no livewells needed. All you need is to have an intrest in bass fishing at any level. The events are held on every third Sunday and there is a points system for bragging rights and medals handed out at our last outing for each place on down the line.

After each event, we meet up for a burger and some talk about what worked and so on. We will post info on our meeting that will be held at Gander Mtn. as we get a little closer to the warm weather, will be sometime in April but will post the exact date as we get closer.

Thanks for any intrest, so bring your tackle and your casting arm have some fun, we look forward to meeting some more good people.

Is this going to be part of the MMSTS this year? Sounds like everyone wants a bass league. I know the MMTS is doing one this year and I thought Granny( Magicstick ) and Mr.twister were in it this year?

No, this is the one we held last year and it is seperate from MMTS.

Granny had told me about the MMTS, we had thought about fishing it, but his schedule has changed.

No, I won't be able to do both bass leagues. The MMTS bass league is during the week and ours is only on weekends. Twister is looking at doing it as a nonboater. He fished out of the back of my boat and now he doesn't want to do any work while fishing grin.gif .

Anyone interested in the bass league can post here or send me an email at LSW2002 at AOL

Granny

Hi Granny, We were sure hoping to get you on the water this year in MMTS, but I guess we'll have to get the two groups together some weekend on a lake in between. We have 8-9 teams in already so it should be a great deal. Several others looking too. We really kept the money thing small to get trophies per night for the winning teams. On plaque for each member of the winning team each night and plaques for the top team end of year teams too. Should be a blast. We are only $10 a night or $40 for the year per team. So really an easy deal. It's all about the fishing and learning. I think we have a great group too and I know I have a lot to learn, so that's my goal. Love to see Northlander show us his bass fishing powers.. Glad to see you out here, didn't think with all the fishing you even slept. wink.gif

Doug you know Im a Walleye guy. Rubber worms dont thrill me much and docks are for boats not to be fished. wink.gif

Seriously though I hope it all goes well and you get good turnouts.

Doug,

What night are you holding your league event on, and do you keep the same teams all year long?

I'm kinda hoping to do both nights if I can find a partner. I have to admit, fishing in the back was a treat. Everyone should have a Granny in a boat!! Shogun, if your out there, are you coming back?

Hey Twister,

See what happens with shogun for a team mate, but if ya need a partner for the MMTS let me know have been tossing it around,?!!

Just an update and a FYI for anyone who may have in intrest or want to stop by and see what our Bass league is about.

We will be holding our first meeting for this year at the new Gander Mtn. in Hermantown in the Gander Meeting room, it will take place at 6:00 pm on Febuary 15. Will keep updating as we get closer and if anything changes!

Wormburner, Havn't heard anything from Shogun and I got permission from the boss (my wife)for the Thurday evenings. If it's a go for you, count me in.

Twister,

Going to check my schedule but will probably be a go, I can chat with ya on the 15th of Feb, at our meeting if ya can make it!

We are going to try for Friday Feb 17th at 6:00pm up at Gander instead of the 15th for our meeting. Anyone interested feel free to join us.

Granny

• 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder, we will be having our first meeting at the new Gander Mtn. in Hermantown (Duluth) on Friday, Feb. 17th starting at 6:00pm. It will take place in the Gander Lodge, hope to see ya there!