• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

best depth - 15'?

LuckBites

What's been the best depth recently? I've heard good results from 15' but then others talk about going shallow (7-10) during the day. Is there much of a pattern with night vs day in regards to depth?

Hope to hook into a few this weekend!

I have never found 15 feet of water on URL. The deepest I have found is 13 feet. I generally tryo to get close to 13 feet and look for a mud bottom.

Are you guys measuring from the top of your hole or from wherever your transducer is sitting in the water column? I've had a budyy fishing on the other side of the house 'fishing' 13 fow when i was in 14. His transducer was just further down than mine. From what I gather the fish are still making their way in from the main lake basin and the deepest water towards the middle of the lake you can find will better suit you. 13-15 fow has produced most of the fish this season from my reports from resort owners.

Go out 7.54 miles from westwinds and there is 15' (at least there was 3 weeks ago:) ) I'll even give ya the gps coord's to to it if you want. All we got was one slab and a bunch of eye's and perch.

But if you're asking where to find 15' depths, and you measure from the bottom of the ice, you are going to be searching a while to find a 15' hole. The top of the actual ice to the bottom of the lake- that's the ACTUAL depth yo are fishing.