• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Walleyes

eyes54

Just wondering is there any truth that they are geting monster eyes on the rocks after dark. In really shallow 10ft or less. I heard rocky reef.

Not sure about catching big ones in ten feet off the rocks but I can tell you that some nice ones are coming off the rocks in 20-24 FOW. Was up thursday and this a.m. and we had five over 6#'s and one 8# fish caught, weighed, photoed and released. The biggest came at 11:30 A.M. and the rest early this morning (7:30-8:00 A.M.) cool.gif

Oldguide: Would never even think of asking you for your spots. Just wondering are you on the west or east side of the lake. Lots of water both ways so I don't imagine we'll be in the same area. Bill

Happy to share the spot. We were out in front of Shermans Point. Line up the Water Tower and the Communication tower and look for a lot of holes in that depth. About 1/2 mile beyond the breaker. Follow the truck tracks if there still there. Good Luck. Fish were caught on 1" perch colored spoons. smile.gif

Thanks for the help. Haven't fished Sherman a quite awhile. Have had good luck in the past though. Where in Stearns County are you from? Bill