• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Slick Trick broadheads

Young Gun

Have any of you shot Slick Tricks? I've read some other forums and they all say that they fly just like they are practice tips and leave huge exit wounds. They also say they almost always get pass thru's. What would give me more K.E.? A lighter broadhead like 85, or a heavy one like 125 grains. I'm pulling 50 lbs. and shooting 25 1/2 inch carbon express arrows with 100 gr. broadheads. What do you think my K.E. would be?

This is all good stuff to know and understand, but don't get caught up in this stuff too much. It's more important to tune your bow and practice with your broadheads. But the most important thing is put the arrow in the boiler room and the rest won't matter.

Hey Young Gun, I shot 4 deer with slick tricks last year and liked the performance. They fly great and leave a big hole in the deer. However, I shoot a bow with more than 80lbs of KE. Due to the steep angle of the blades and 4 blades I think it takes a little more bow to get the slicks to pass though than some other heads. With your short draw and lower poundage I would look for a cut on contact type head to get better penatration. Just my opinion...

I agree with camdu7, stick to a cut on contact fixed blade. If your bow is tuned you should not have any problems shooting them. Shot placement is the biggest key. I don't think you'll end up with enough KE to be sure you'll have no penetration problems with a mechanical like a slicktrick.

Gus you might have Slick Tricks confused with another broadhead. Slick Tricks are a fixed blade broadhead, but they are not considered a cut on contact blade because they have a one piece steel ferrule. The Magnus line of broadheads would be a good example of a cut on contact blade.

DOH! You are correct. For some reason I was thinking about grim reapers when I wrote that response. My hand/brain coordination was off. Thanks for pointing out my error, I don't want to give bad advise.