• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Advice on a Lake Trout Expedition

I am a self proclaimed avid ice fisherman, but have never the pleasure of fishing for lakers through the ice. I would like to try but need a little guidance. I was wondering, where to go, if anyone had suggestions, and what tactics i should try. I would like to make a day trip near the BWCA or even into it. I dont have a sled or anything so I would be hoofin it. Thanks.

When are you planning on going? We have a real slush problem up here and with temps forecast in the mid to upper 30s the next few days it'll be getting worse.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Lostit, The Bash is an open invitation to EVERYONE so if you can make it to the Bash Saturday I promise you'll get a ton is info.

the slush is bad, but you can deal with it. stay on the trails.lakers are biting on lakes outside the bwca, small jigs(orange & green)25 -45 ft of water, fathead -the head.

hard.way: Welcome to FM. Good to have you here. Thanks for the report, with good info worth using. We see again and again that an FM rookie can be a true veteran. grin.gif