• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My wife and I fished the 19th through the 22nd and had a great time. We found most of the fish on the NW side of the lake around the Zoomers area. 26 to 30 FOW seemed to work best. I used a gold pimple and a minnow head most of the time. They would bite light so you need to pay attention We were able to bring home a 2 day limit and eat a few while we were there. (Thanks to the Gosh Dam Place for frying the fish). We never kept a fish under 9 inches unless it wouldn't go back down the hole. There may have been a dozen of them. Throw in a couple Northerns and three walleyes and it made for a great trip.

Take the time to look around there out there.

The travel was the best I've seen on the lake. There are areas of rough ice but they can easly be driven around.

Thanks to Nodaks for the great accomodations and roads. I can't wait till next year.

"Your bobbers down!"

A group of us fished out of Highbanks last weekend and had good luck. The best fishing was near Perch Bar with an 1/8 oz JB lures Varmint in the orange perch color. The green perch was alright but the orange out produced green 3 to 1. crappie minnow heads seemed to work better than fat head heads for some reason. Most of our perch were caught in 30' of water in the morning and evening. They bit light so hanging the jig about 18" off the bottom with an ice buster was the ticket. Jig it a few inches and let it sit, usually the bobber would barely move and you'd have a fish on. No walleyes this year, just fat perch and a nice 5 Lb northern that was caught on a full minnow with a light blue jig.

As always we had a great time at Highbanks, if you ever get the chance to stay in cabin #1 I highly recomend it. It's a full log cabin built in the 30's, very cool. Plenty of room for 8 guys.

I'm heading up this afternoon, will be on the ice early Fri where would be the best place to start trolling?