• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye League in the area?

Does anyone know of any walleye leagues on any area lakes? I have heard of one in the Morris area but could not find any contact info. If there is not, would any of you be interested in starting one? I am thinking of Minnewaska, Reno, etc. Or it could be focused on one particular lake over the open water fishing season.

Nobody out there knows of or is interested in fishing in a walleye league? How about a Minnewaska only league? Maybe there is a chance the new "owl sports bait shop" could sponsor or at least give deals on bait. Any interest out there?

I'd like to, but it's just a little too far for me on a real regular basis, assuming once a week, 3 times a summer or something would be fine. I used to fish it when I lived over that way, but it's about 45 miles from where I work now, 35 from home & my old truck gets crappy mileage.

Not aware of a local walleye only league. there are a couple of multi-species leagues...monday night and thursday, i believe. one is run out of the depot express restaurant. format is a mystery lake...you find out on noon league day which lake will be fished.

keep the heat on, and you may round up enough guys and gals for a waska league, or local walleye league. but i'm guessing alot of 'eye only anglers are also involved in regional tourneys like the minnesota walleye trail, pwt, and the like.

good luck

I have heard of a walleye league

Im not sure who organizes it though, I know a guy in it though, every wednesday or something, a different lake each week. They only take a small number of teams though.

There is a walleye league in Glenwood. We fish on Tuesday evenings from 6-9. We alternate between Waska and Reno. Its a very low key league. Some nights there may be 10 boats that show up and other nights 6-7 boats. We have a good time. I work in Morris and know some of the guys that fish in that league. Its multi-species. They used to have a waiting list to get into their league and probably still do.

deehawk - do you have the contact info for the league in Glenwood. I would like to get on a waiting list, if nothing else. Waska and Reno are lakes that I enjoy fishing, sounds like a great time.

You could always try to start your own summer league. I have tried in the past and it's usually difficult to get commitments from everyone, so remember and consider all those who may be interested in your planning.