• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

can somebody who is nearby post a picture of the breakwall as it is now?

curious know if covered with 5 feet of ice..folks still out there fishing?

thanks for any info

Hey Brent....

I spoke with Al Lampalla from Al's baits on Tuesday at the sports show in Minneapolis. He says that the harbor is wide open....no ice other than some early morning shale maybe and that the loopers are beginning to be a catchable fish out there now. The cohos should start to mosey around now too. Casting would be great if you dress for it. Be sure to carry a small ziplock with some salted sand along with you. If there is some patchy ice early in the day you'll have something to put down and keep you up.

How have you been? Haven't heard boo from you since last fall. Drop me an e-mail if you get a chance.

Could a guy get a boat in the water? I just bought a new rig and am really iching to test it out. Thx

ERW

Here's TH harbor, as of about 15 minutes ago:

Harbor1.jpg

Harbor2.jpg

I know a few guys have been trolling around the breakwater but I'm not sure anything consistent is happening yet. Last ore boat of the year went out over a week ago.

I see a trailer behind one of those vehicles. Just had to pop those pics in there didn't ya. Now my thinking cap is all mess up. lol

If it stays as warm as they say it's gonna all weekend, I'll probably pop the 14 footer in on Sunday and give it a shot myself...that's pretty darn tempting.

Nice going ewirz. Now the landing is going to be packed this weekend! Oh well. Everybody bring some beer and we can swap stories at the landing.

we took the canoe off of stoney point and fished to blue bird and back. only had two takers, with one feeling like a good fish but lost them both. talk about some nice weather to be on the lake, hopefully tommorrow is flat as well so we can give it another try. i've heard of a few decent reports out of two harbors.

Mule27. Is this who I think it is...THe Orca the name of your boat.... Surfing at work... Taxpayer dollars at work I guess....

This is necessary research work...property values diminish the further away they are from good fishing.

thank for the pics an info guys

DANG TOM is alive..heya bud great to hear form ya

yea with this warm weather im seriously thinking of venturing out to the wall..some ice spikes on the ole boots if need be..

been ice fishing around here but the weather is all messed up..ice conditions bad in my opinion..

was seriously hopin for some cold weather to freeze up the bay an get out there..dont think its gonna happen..ill just keep pollishing the gear in the old tackle box

might be fun...if i decide ill post an post some snap shots as well...the wall owes me big now..ive paid my dues

though i got a good meal from there though...(Contact US Regarding This Word) fine...thank that wife of yer tom..id go everyday if i get fed like that haha

This time of year what would you throw off the wall? Looper bugs...float a crawler off bottom...spoons?

You can fish two lines. I'd most certainly have a looper bug or a crawler under a float at about four feet on one and be cast hardware on the other. Gold/orange, sliver/blue in spinners, spoons are very good baits. The Krocodiles in 1/2 ounce along with Little Cleos in sizes up to 3/4 make for an excellent starting bait selection, but there are a million spoons to use. Mepps has a heavy spinner selection that cast forever and sink fast when you want to get them down. I like the gold/orange, silver/ blue for bright days and go to the black/orange when the lights go down low. Black looper bugs incidently and dress them up with a couple waxies. Plain hook for the crawler.

hey crappie, when you say 4 foot down, when fishing with a float are you saying four feet off bottom or four feet under the float. sorry for asking a stupid question but i have yet to fish from the wall.

I WOULD USE A SHINNER AND BOBER, AND CAST SPOONS AND PUT OUT A WORM ON A FLOTTER AND TRY SEVERAL THINGS. AND IF YOU HAD A SMALL BOAT TRY TROLING WELL THIS TIME OF YEAR ANY METHOD MIGHT WORK GOOD FISHING.