• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

no class todays so i figured i would spend some time out on the ice.... bad idea... man was the wind whipping today.. a buddy and i went out to mcnallays for a change in scenerio and to see what was bitting out there. after struggling with the wind while putting up the portable for 15 minutes we attempted to drill some holes. It was apparent that one of us had to hold the shack while the other did the drilling to make sure the shack didnt blow away. So my buddy starts drilling and mother nature gets really mad we are ruining her ice i guess, because she lets a roaring wind go. The wind catches the shack with me holding on and drags me 50 yards. After the wind takes a break i drag the shack back into place and we both get inside to stay away from the whipping wind. This must have made mother nature even more mad because not only did we destroy her ice but now we are trying to steal here fish. So she lets another gust go and blows the shack with both me and my buddy inside, along with all our gear a good 25 yards away from our holes. (Pretty funny to watch your holes slide away from you and then all you see ice the ice flying by under your feet) We finally got the shack anchored down (by putting ice on the downwind side). The stubborn fish that littered my flasher screen just did not want to bite. So what was supposed to be a fun day, turned into a work day.. still beats a day of classes!

tim (ww)

Too bad the day didn't work out for you. But your story sure brought a smile! Only cause I been there and done that too. Thanks for sharing!