• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice fishing for bass on the Croix

Has anyone found some good bass fishing going through the ice? I know most people don't target them but just wondering if anybody accidently came across a couple decent bass while wally fishing or something.

I haven't caught bass on the river during the winter but if you are targeting bass in the ice season then you should head up to Green L. in the Chisago area as the bass bite there on tip ups on a daily basis. I have caught many a largemouth out there when fishing for pannies. I'd search over around the Gleyers bay area in the 5-6' range. Tip up with a silver shiner of decent size should fit the bill. The bonus is yoiu might even hook into some of the large pie they have in there.

Tunrevir~

There was a spot I used to go to a few years ago south of Bayport. It was well off of the main channel, but still had a nice drop from about 15 down to 28 FOW. I caught a heap of smallies out there. I think if you want smallies, you should get into areas that have some rocks, nearby deep water, and out of the main channel. Kind of sounds like the medallion hunt? tongue.gif

OOOps!, Large pies wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get soggy! I meant pike. JW you seem to have fished alot of areas around here. Might have to hook up a river trip this summer.

Tunrevir~

Yep- I have spent alot of time on the Croix- know it like the back of my hand. Unfortunately, I don't get to the lower areas much any more after I moved up here to Stacy, but I have been able to really get to know the area above the dam and have done phenomenal up here at times.