• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Commin up this weekend probably Fri afternoon, lookin to fish for mainly walleyes. Probably going to fish either Pelican, North Long, or Gull, 4wheelers and portables to run and gun with. Looking for ice conditions and wondering if there is still a bite going on on these larger lakes. If not then will probably target pannies on the smaller lakes. Dont care where you fish, not looking for specifics, just wondering if anyones still been hitting walleyes on some of these bigger lakes. Eric.Johnson @ MTS dott com if you want email. Thanks.

There is still some decent walleye action on Gull. Shiners are producing some nice fish in 16-22 feet. I'd target the north half of the lake for best results.

Jason Erlandson

Thanks Jason, We'll have to stop in to pick up some of dem' golden shiners on the way up. We are staying at a buddies cabin up by Emily.

Ice conditions good?

Hey Jason, how late are you guys open on Friday night? I am heading up there for the weekend also. I'm leaving around noon, so I should be up there around 4. Don't know if I'm going to be able to get out friday night or not. We are staying at my outlaws place on Gladstone. Probably just visit that night but want to hit the lakes Sat. Are you working at all Friday night or Sat? I want to stop in and shoot the shyte a little. I'd really like to get my father in law on some walleys Sat. night. He is retired and lives up there now, but doesn't ever go out fishing. I would like to show him how to find some fish so that he would go out more often. Anyways, let me know when you are working. Thanks, Paul Stoffel.

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

Hi Paul, we will be open all weekend and I'll be working. I have to be in Mpls for a tackle show through Thursday but I'll be in the shop after that. You should be able to get into some crappies on Gladstone. There has been a decent bite on and off out there. Be sure to stop in when you are up.

Jason Erlandson

I haven't caught a crappie on Gladstone in the last 3 years that I would consider a keeper. And I fish them pretty hard from spring through fall. Maybe I'm too picky. Anyways, I'll stop in on Friday late afternoon hopefully. What are your hours usually?

When the weather is nice and there are a few fisherman around I've been staying until dark.

Jason Erlandson

Ended up bringing the sleeper up since the boys who have a cabin up there backed out. Fished the south east side of Pelican, caught probably between 20-30 walleyes mostly small ones (between 10 and 14"), plus a few slimers biggest one 31". All in all a decent weekend but didnt get into the big mammas. Oh, well maybee next time. caught almost all the fish on shiners as well as jigging a walleye weasel tipped with a chub head. 30' during the day and 18' at night. Spent the entire weekend on the ice and had the best luck in the a.m. (4:00 to 1/2 hour after sunrise).

Also picked up an eyefinder h20 with the LM chip. Wow! it took us 5 minutes after stopping the 4 wheeler to find the spot we were looking for. Unreal.

Farley,

Isn't that the truth, unreal!! I am still amazed everytime I turn my Lowrance on with the L.M. chip.

Walleyedan

Walleyedan,

Yeah, who needs a guide nowadays with these things on the market? grin.gif

We stopped for bait at S&W, when I got out of the truck I noticed a sign that read "WalleyeDan's Guiding Service". Do you own the bait store there? (Sorry Jason, I wasnt driving and my buddy supposedly stops there every time).

edit: Nevermind, I guess I did stop in to Sportland Bait on Saturday morning to refill the shiner population in my minnow bucket. There were a bunch of kids in there who forgot to take their waxies or something.

Thanks for stopping by Farley. You are right about that GPS and Lakemaster Chip, I don't leave home without it. Good report!

Jason Erlandson

Farley,

I have my guide service based our of S&W, I don't own it.

Walleyedan