• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pearl report

bigb56303

well i decided to try pearl for the first time this year and not a hole lot to report, i caught a couple sunnies, crappies and one perch, also got bit off by a northern i believe, i seen quite a few on my aqa view but missed this one.... any way i saw alot of fish they were there just tight liped today, it was very cool to watch the northerns they would come right up to the bait and stare at it bumpit then swim off, kinda suprised me for northerns you could tell when they were in the area cause the sunnies would scatter i really like to watch fish on the camera, didnt seem to matter what i put downs there they didnt want anything to do with it, except the sunnies seemd to think that they could eat the shinner i had on one like they beat the crap out of him.. like i said not alot to report, i check the ice out there and it messured 15" but the top 5 is white ice

my report is the same as bigb's, i see a lot of fish on my flasher and what i mostly catch is small crappies and sunfish with an occasional perch. If i'm panfishing i'll usually jig a waxie and throw a minnow or shiner below a bobber for my other line, well in late afternoon my bobber will always shoot below the ice then pop right back a few times each night, i'm guessing they are northerns because the fish scatter on my flasher before that happens. the nicer crappies have been coming on smaller minnows, they pull them down very slow and its hard to set the hook. One lure thats been giving me somewhat consistent action is a frostee tipped with 3 waxies or 2 and a gulp maggot or vise versa. whichever is getting more bites. it gets a lot more attention right after the glow has been freshly charged. i've been using a blue one w/red trebles, if color seems to matter. 16 fow right outside the group of houses.

alwaysfishin