• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all you parent's, here's an idea. Most report's I am hearing are slow, typical this time of year. Gather up them rugrat's and take them to Pike Lake. Get yourself in twenty feet or so of water and set the portable up. We took my cousin's four year old son there today and caught lot's of perch. Nothing big, bringing something home was just a bonus. The little guy had lot's of action and kept his attention for hour's. He had a blast watching the fish on the Marcum and even got a ride on the wheeler when thing's were slow. So if you want the little one's to have some consistent action take them there on a sunny day. Cloud's seem to slow thing's up. It's all about having fun wink.gif BC

Great post BigCountry! Kids add a different perspective to fishing and action is a must. Bring some snacks, extra clothes and hot cocoa and cook up a few hotdogs and it goes a long way to making their day a one they wont soon forget.

Thanks again for the reminder BC.

Yessir, good advice. Young kids love action more than size, and that's not a bad lesson for us grownups to remember, either. Perch are well known for being more active on sunny days than under clouds. And a sunny day is a more cheeful day for the kids, anyway. grin.gif

BC,

Thanks for the advice. I've had my 3 year old out on Chub a bit this winter and tho we usually are getting some gills the action has slowed the last couple times out. Would be nice to try a different lake, may have to take him out on sunday after getting back from the Bash!

I had him out with me last monday trying for streamer trout and had the camera with, and tho it was worthless in the lake due to tannin staining, he got a huge kick out of being able to watch himself on the camera in the Otter grin.gif

Hows the drive out there? how mutch ICE??? I would like to get out there but did noy now the ice report.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Right on!

Skippers Kid, I drove my wheeler out there to be safe. There was 18 inches of ice everywhere I popped hole's. There is also a plowed road that has been maintained. My cousin drove his half ton out there and the Game Warden showed up in a three quarter ton pickup so the ice was fine. There was also one other vehicle parked near the Auto Club's swim area. Have at it! BC