• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wondering if any of you have been out on st. olaf lake recently? I have never been there and want to check it out.

Might go out this weekend.

Thanks

A friend of mine was out there on Sunday and he said he caught a combination of 20 perch and crappies. He said it was a pretty good bite going on.

The hole is in front of the swimming beach. There is a good drop to fish. If you want to hook some slimers set some tips out, there in there. Good luck Flip Oh, by the way. Welcome to fishing Mn.

Crappies are hitting in deep water straight out from pier by the permanent houses 4 to 9:00 pm.some gills mixed in also but have to sort all for a few eaters,29" walleye came out of there also sat about midnight on a fathead on the bottom.Blew us away as they are just about extinct in this lake.Pike are everywhere shallow,love 5" shiners,not alot of slot fish caught yet but what does bite is bound to entertain just about anyone.try the 5-6' water for some bull sunny's west of the landing 100 to 150 yards.you will see all the holes along in there.good luck!

Flip, didn't know you ice fished... bucketmouths probably jump right out of the hole for you this time of the year, too??? grin.gif

Usually have to sort through alot of fish but yes there are alot of nice ones in there if you can get on them.we never fish any deep water, 4' or less anytime of the year does it.check it out during the spawn and you will see.north side of the lake has alot of gravel beds and their nests are easy to find in the clear water when its calm.

Is their fishing contest next sunday? If so, will it still be held, or canceled? Would love to know. Also, does Beaver still have their fishing contest?

I heard that it was on saturday (same as backwater brawl) and beaver lake contest is the next sunday I guess.I will check out the posters at one of the stores in town and post.the st olaf contest should not be a problem,I just came from there and the ice is a little cracked up but there is still bigger perms out there yet.the colder pm temps will take care of the slush this week but cleats will definately be in order to get around on foot if we don't get some snow.ice is just as thick as last week before the warm spell but the tile is running pretty good at the ramp which may make it tough to park a few cars on the shore ice.

That would be great if you would let me know when, and ice conditions.....I'm an ex Cardinal, and after years of not having time, I'm onto getting back to the homeland...including getting back onto St. Olies ice fishing tourney

Just spoke with Lee M. on the phone. As of right now the contest is still on, ice was good before the rain, but the DNR/Sheriffs will be making the Call.

Lee, if you happen to see this, and when the decision is made, send me an email [email protected] if you get a chance, otherwise, just send me an email so we can keep in contact.

us old cardinals gotta stick together

D

The bite on Olaf last Sunday seemed to be light & slow. Plenty of fish, got 1 of the nicer crappies off a fathead, otherwise wax's & minnow. Was tuff tho. Anyone have exact dates of tournie Beaver/Olaf???

Feb. 4, Tickets are $1, Time is 1 - 3 PM, Grand Prize $500, largest fish $75, 2nd largest $50, 3rd largest $25. Lots of stuff to be given away and wildlife prints to be raffled off. Judging by today's addition of Porta Potties at the public access, looks like it's a "go".