• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Angle Report - 1/19-1/21

First Ice-Mike

We were fishing out of Sportsman's and the fishing was slow to say the least. 8 of us kept 15 for three full days of fishing. I did manage one 24" - everything else was between 14.5" and 17" with a couple perch mixed in. We had fun though - good resort and good people.

FI

First Ice, Thanks for the report. We are heading to Oak on Feb 11th and staying at Sportsmans in the Condo's. Glad to hear you liked the resort but wish you had a better fishing report. It's just plain slow all over the place. Hopefully things pick up. We are fishing out of our own portables so maybe we can hunt them down somewhere. Good Luck

Slow fishing was the norm this past weekend for us also. We went up to Little Oak and around Garden on Friday and kept 12 eaters plus one football of a perch for 4 of us. We decided that we should be able to do just as good on the south shore so we hit Morris Pt on Sat. and only caught 2 fish total. Sat. was the very first time that I got skunked ice fishing on LOW in about 20 years of fishing. We still had a fun time and got a good fish fry in on Friday. The water was clear at Morris Pt. but it was a little silty up by Garden and Little Oak. Maybe the silt is moving north.

Yeah- the water up by Oak Island was a little dirty also. I don't think that was our problem though - we just didn't mark many fish all weekend. I'm guessing we just hit it at a bad time - the people before us did pretty well. They did plow the road out to Oak Island on Saturday - travel at your own risk - if anyone was wondering.

FI

We were also at sportsmans oak island this weekend.

My friend and I snowmobiled up from Baudette. The first 10 miles of trail were smooth and fast. Then the next 5 were pretty rough. After that average speeds of around 40 were common and the trail toward the Angle was great. As fast as you wanted to run, no problem.

Saturday we hit 4 block reef and did best on top of the reef in 16 feet of water. Alot of lookers and a few biters.

Sunday we headed down to Little Oak and did much better. I think the weather had alot to do with it though. Calm, clear and nice and bright out. We ended up catching around thirty walleyes for the day with the biggest being 20 inches. The top of the reef was better than the edges and deeper areas.

The water was dirtier. Buskshot spoons that glowed worked the best.

Hats off to the folks at Oak Island Sportsman lodge. A great group of people, great service and very friendly and personable.

Overall a great adventure. I'm looking farward to next year.