• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

tonka fishing and ice conditions

delta hunter

Wondering how fishing is going on Minnetonka and how is in most place and how travel between all parts of the lake are?

I was panfishing this weekend. Ice was 10" with about 7 of clear ice. Saw some vehicles driving out but I didn't. Sunnies were going good but crappie bite was a little slow for me. Going to move around a bit this week to see if I can find a walleye bite on the west end.Q

Been fishing tonka in a permanent for a few weeks now. Got it out there with 4 wheelers. Been watching the ice grow little by little. Last night talked to another guy that fishes with me out there and he said that there was about 11 inches of ice with a couple crappy inches on top. I think I'm going to go out there with my Ranger this weekend. That is unless this 50 degree weather we're supposed to get stays around til then. Catchin limits of 9-11 inch crappies consistantly after work. Wish I could tell you where but I'm not that nice of a guy... HAHAH!!!

---Zdaddy

Thanks for all the info guys, but we've decided to go to Mille Lacs instead, but maybe next weekend!!