• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch bite on Okabena

I've never fished Okabena before. Where abouts are they biting and where do I get onto the lake from?

I'm in the process of moving to worthington. Can you get me some info on the league and tourny? When do they happen, and who do I contact?

Could you define the words "few" and "nice" for me please.Also could you point me in the right direction on the lake?Where is the landing and where are the fish?

Thanks

If there is a tourney there, and I can get offa work, I'd love to get in. I've never fished that lake before so I'm thinkin it would be good times.

boiler...i'm the guy u met on lime lastyear..but anyways tourny is sat 1 to 8pm..the rules are fish any lake you want..pay in $10 and you hafta pay at the long branch in worthington before the tourny..biggest pike,walleye,perch,sunfish and crappie. weight in at the long branch..lots of cold ones after words and i know u like them!!!

I met a few dudes on Lime last year, not quite sure I remember you. However, after many a cold one, I'm not sure I remember half the days I was out there either. Are you going to fish this tourney????

I'll yap with the Mrs. Boiler and she if she has Saturday plans for me. If not, I say we fish.

Last Sat afternoon picked up six 10" perch from 3pm-5:30pm off the access on the south east side of the lake in 9ft using a genz worm with wigglers. lots of little ones but there are some nice ones mixed in.

yeah ill be in it boiler...just like to have a few cold ones with ya at the long branch...not sure were im gonna fish yet...u should just tell the mrs to come with its always a good time.still got them nice looking calenders in your fishin shack?

You know the calanders are in it. As an added bonus, it's a whole new year which means a whole new calander!!!!!!!

I'll yap with the Mrs and see if we can make it.

boiler...any word yet if your gonna make it..i think the deadline to sign up is tomarrow just to forewarn ya..let me know what you find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the bite still on? Lake Benton has been slow, but the ponds around Luverne have been starting to give up some fish. smile.gif

i haven't been out on okabena lately, been getting perch on the south end of big spirit

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      You still have your trailer and place up there? Maybe you should do some summer rentals of it to help pay the taxes and up keep on it? 👍
    • fins_n'_feathers
      The water is starting to slowly go down. From what I can tell it looks like it’s down about 5-6 inches. The wind was terrible over the weekend though. I’m sure many properties suffered damages with Sundays winds. Things are finally starting to head in the right direction but it’s going to take a very long time for things to get back to even somewhat normal. 
    • Rivergroup
      Stopped at VC last week as well.  Didn't have pizza, but the sandwiches and appetizers we had were good.  The service was very good.  However, that's the first and only time we had been there.
    • delcecchi
      Any other info about VC?   Got kid and and fam coming up.  Been a couple years but really liked it.   Reviews on line still good.   Did Mark just hit on a bad night or has it gone down?   Being on west not a place we go often.
    • Oldehulse06
      Going up to visit family at Mille lacs 4th of July weekend. Given the current fishing restrictions and the fact that I don’t have a boat, does anyone know any good shore/kayak fishing lakes in the Mille lacs area?
    • JBMasterAngler
      Spent yesterday afternoon wading the upper croix. Water actually seemed a little low. There was lots of floating grass, so my traditional approach of using a fire tiger jointed rapala was unusable. Tried a whopper plopper for a bit, which avoided floating grass better, but I just didn’t have confidence in using it. So since it seemed like the crayfish outnumbered the rocks, I decided to use a weightless Texas rigged plastic craw. Caught 3 smallies, and a pike.   
    • h8go4s
      Here's the actual water level as of Saturday, 6-25. It has dropped some but still is 4 feet above the rule curve. This is updated daily; it's just too early in the day for Sunday's data to be posted. You can check it yourself here: http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html
    • Wanderer
      @chaffmj, never mind.  I decided to take a cruise on up there today.  Had a couple popple tops in the driveway but nothing I couldn’t clear.  Nice to see the area again.
    • BrianF
      Ludlows and Muskego both hit hard.  The Dayton place had a lot of big trees down, not sure of structural damage.  Some say a tornado skipped thru that area.  Looking at the destruction, I could believe it.  I feel bad for those impacted by this storm.   Below are a few snap shots of common sights around the area a day or two after the storm. 
    • Wanderer
      Mike, was there a lot of damage in the Ely area?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.