• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4th Annual Burntside Bash final details

Wait wait wait. I set the mark at the first bash with an 11 something male. I don't think Lonnies beat Mr. Crews at #2. ST, you're spinning lore. grin.gif Unless I don't remember something correctly (entirely possible). At least I didn't take the shortcut to Ely through Crane Lake as some certain person did.

Sounds like we're going to have another great group. With the last few weeks I've had, I'm looking foward to it with each passing moment. For those on foot, a simple wave from shore will send me hauling if you have alot of gear. Somebody will lend a hand as with anything on this awesome site. Here we go folks. countdown time.

PS: To the boys at Viking Electric and Nelson Audio, it'll be great to have you! Special thanks to Jason at Brown Electric for the use of the wheeler.

PSSS: BWTrout, where are you and why haven't we heard from you?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Surface Tension

• chunkytrout

• Xplorer

Hey CCrews. We realy should get together on EN at least Sun Morning. I may even have some bunks avail. for your extras, not more than 3 Mi' down the road. Did you get my Fire # & schedule from ealier in this post. Shoot back here or send an email to finsnfriends @ hotmail (Contact US Regarding This Word) if your interested.

Later & good luck to all. -CLoma

I guess It was on the other BB post. Any way I'll be at #1335 Walsh Rd. on EN 2 thurs night to Sun afternoon.

CL

If it would be alright, a couple of us high schoolers are planning to head up early Saturday morning. We were at the Bash last year, but weren't fortunate enough to ice a laker, hopefully this year will be different. We would be on foot

Sorry Chunky, I got bumped from my Vacation. 2nd year in a row, it's a Reserve training weekend for a co-worker.

Casey, smoke signals will work. I also read signal flags (navy thing), morse code I am a little rust on but if you line up full beer cans along the way on clean snow banks, i can possibly decifer it as well. Lastly I can possibly be contacted by mental telepathy if anyone else out there has it.

And then there was a live radio remote grin.gif

Too early for me to figure out the riddle, too bad, could have been some eats for on the lake!!!

Good job Steve!

Xplorer, I'd post the answer here, but then they'd never let me back on the radio.

For those who don't know, I was on boundarywatersradio.com, a new Internet radio station in Ely, this morning, taking Chunky's place with the 6:30 a.m. fishing report and promoting FM to the station's listeners. We talked about the Bash as well.

Mike Jankovec, who co-runs the new station and is the primary morning show personality, will be coming out to the Bash Saturday to do a live remote. He loves to fish and is a cool guy.

Duh, should have had a cup of Joe in addition to the mandatory Dew this morning.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Finns, met you last year at the drawings, hard to miss the chiefs jacket grin.gif.

See you's guys saturday AM cool.gif

Just tipped the snowmobile trailer up on end. Going to pack the bearings and put the salt shield on that I have had for 10 years now.

Would like to bring two sleds.

I haven't heard any news on the new job yet. I'm at their mercy, so I'm day to day.

Thinking of getting a couple of inch thick Porterhouses for the little grill for supper on the ice Sat. night. Will be brining some Venison Burger for lunch, maybe I'll bring a gallon of salid peppers and some Saracha hot sauce to spice things up, Mmmmmm but ouch come the morning bathroom trip LOL

Breakfast on the ice Sun. morning, HMmmmm, maybe some pepper jack brats, hashbrowns and eggs

I LIKE TO COOK AND SOME SAY I DO DANG FINE JOB OF IT!

I do most of the cooking for our family

I'll pitch in on the brewski barrel, don't know if I'll drink any. I kinda have desided the whisky and beer are starting to take it's toll on this guys body. Desided to hang her up but might make an exception for this get together

either way, it's only $5.00 bucks and if it helps someone enjoy the day, all I can say is, ENJOY!

My son has been breaking in my new Laker rod. He has desided it makes a dang fine pike rod, catching several, thats good he's broke the new rod jinks

Hope to see ya guys, but hope to hear from my employer as well.

Take care, chuck

If all goes well i'm trying for sat. a.m. Never been to a bash before & tired of readin bout all the fun you guys have & want to meet some of the writters of the posts i read. Was on Burntside last weekend, 1st time, landed 2 lakers, had three more on and many follows. Would like to learn more bout laker fishin & do more of it. Hope to see ya on sat. will be comin from grand rapids.

Hookset: Any size to them?

Iceboy: Link didn't work for me. Couldn't find the server.

Chunky, you must have forgot about the nice one I caught. I know I won't forget! My gaph got caught in a rope so I pulled him out with my hand and I sunk the hook into my hand as far as it could go. I was in a real pickle, one hook in me and another in a fat laker. Luckly, with a death grip on the fish I was still able to call st who came and did the old hook removal trick. According to my scale at home it weighed just about 14 lbs.

Kettle-River Kid and I will be up sometime saturday,late am. We are bringing 2 wheelers and can help with transporting people out to the fishing HQ.I belive we might be willing to help pay for some beer.And if needed I will be more than willing to help guard the keg,as I was doing when NORTHLANDER entered then the house and caused the falling of the floor.

will be there sat. morning should be a great time. maybe this year i can pull one of them lakers out of the hole. tried relly hard last bash with no sucses

It seems every time the poutslayer gives our E.T.A. he is off by 24 hours. We will actually be arriving on friday in the a.m. hoping to hook up with Surface tension and others on Friday. However he is correct about guarding the keg and helping out.(he's always on target about that)I also will be bringing a Fish Trap vouyerger which will easily fish two people. I will be transporting people out and around most of the day so somebody could fish in it if need be. I would pop in and out. I will also have an extra vex and two way radio in the house.

Hey guy,s just curious.. Will we be standing or walking thru slush on burntside???... Strat

Strat, so far so good regarding slush factor. As long as folks keep the big rigs off the ice we should be fine.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Bill & Rob, see you on the ice Friday. laugh.gif Anyone else heading out Fri that wants to hook up we'll be monitoring channel 7.

We've had very little slush. I've only found a couple pockets up the North Arm, and they were not bad. Last week's cold weather tightened them up, since there was little snow on most of the ice. It could be an issue in and around islands, but most of those places probably should be avoided anyway, since the ice conditions didn't tighten up until the last couple weeks on Bside.

We got four inches of new snow in small doses on Sunday and Monday, nad strong winds on Tuesday probably scoured a lot of it off the larger stretches of the lake and deposited it downwind of islands and points.

We're looking at one day of very warm, sunny weather, followed by a couple days in the low 30s. I don't think that's going to cost us any ice, with the lows dropping back nicely at night. It also will mean a very comfortable weather days on the ice this weekend, if it comes true.

And so, here's your updated Burntside Bash forecast.

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high around 42. South wind between 9 and 18 mph.

Tonight: A slight chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. South wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Scattered sprinkles and flurries before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Southwest wind between 9 and 14 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low near 19. West wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Light east wind.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Sunday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.

Quote:

... nad strong winds on Tuesday probably scoured a lot of it off the larger stretches of the lake and deposited it downwind of islands and points.

Those must have been some pretty stron winds grin.gif

Thought we might make it this year, but it's not happening. We usually go to another contest (more like family reunion). We're working on getting them up here for the Bash next year. We'll introduce them to their new love of trout.

Love hearing the stories afterwards! Hoping to be out on Fri afternoon to get a laker or two or three. Good luck to all & leave some lakers for those who can't make it.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

basslassie, welcome to FM. Love thy family, love thy trout.

See you next year.

Chunky-The trout we caught were in that 24 inch range. Fished in about 60 ft.&jigged up to 45 ft before anything would chase it. Raised one fish to 20 ft. before it swam away. Fished in the north arm and hit 2 slush spots but no problem going thru them. If the light is right you can see the gray area where the slush is.

For the pics, the missing word is com.

www.stedmanbrewing.<missing word>/BurntsideBash2004/

Count 3 of us in!! we will be staying at EN#1. We will be on foot. what is the best bait to use? we wanna increase our chances-being rookies. thanks and see you up there!!