• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Trap info.

Does anyone have any experience on Fish Trap. In-Laws are buying property there and was curious to find out any info. about the lake. Thanks!

It used to be one of the unknown treasures of the state....before they moved highway 10. Lots of great walleye. Size and numbers.

Nowadays, it is a pretty darn good largemouth bass lake (but what lake isn't) and sporadic for panfish, but the walleye are few and far between. Mostly a night-bite. When you get them (one) it is usually beefy, but you can go weeks without seeing a fish......

Nothing special as far as Northern. Rumors of Musky, but, I've never seen one. No smallies to speak of. Pain in the arse Rockies.

I fish it an awful lot, as you can tell. Cabins force you to do that. You're to tired after taking care of the place to fish elsewhere.

/Did that sound like a complaint?

//spoiled

My in-laws have a place on the south end near Grass Island. We have seen Muskie fingerlings in fair sized sumbers over the past cuople years. Relatives have a place on the north east side and they have seen a pair of 30inchers hanging around their dock for 2 summers now. They are in there. The bass in the lake are easy to catch but I have not had to much luck with any of any size. Great crappie holes in a few spots. There are more wlaters in there than you might think. One thing that has worked great for me is pulling em' right out of the heavy weeds. You have to work hard but they are in there and if you get one to bite, you can usually get about 1/2 dozen or so right in the same spot. Good luck!!

I fish the lake often. In the last four years I've pulled three ski's all about 34 - 36 inches. There are some pig walters in there but it's not like it use to be when it comes to numbers. If you can keep the bass off you'll find them.

Thanks a lot guys, great info. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully run into some of you this season.

How is Fish Trap in the early summer? Looking at walleyes and panfish. I'd like to take the family someplace for a few days in mid-June. Are there a lot of skiers and jetskis on the lake? How about Alexander or Shamineau? Thanks for any advice.

Roscoe16