• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are they????

crappieslayerz

Hey,

i was just wondering if any 1 knew where the fish where bittin up on url?????? so if any one knows the info would help thanx

Robbie Stelter (a.k.a) Crappie Slayer

We just came in from Hillmans, just got done cleaning 10 slabs. I think they are starting to school up. The ( crappie ) hiway is open! Thanks Kelly P.

1/19

Joe and I caught 11 from 11:30-1:30 in the the same area thanks to the hard work of kelly/buddy. They were very aggressive when they came through. They were working non stop out there!!! Thanks guys!

Hey thanx u guys so do u think they(crappies) r startin to shcool up at all????

RThanx Robbie Stelter a.k.a Crappie Slayer

my best advice is you go out and find them, do not depend on the reports. good luck! smile.gif

Maybe someone will hold your hand and point to the spot or maybe will put some flagging tape and post a spot for you.

Quote:

Maybe someone will hold your hand and point to the spot or maybe will put some flagging tape and post a spot for you.

that would be so nice of the person who would do that for him---maybe point him in the wrong direction grin.gif--

Just got back from fishing out of Hillmans and two of us ended up with 13 crappies(missed another 6), 8 nice perch and C&R 16# northern and many walleyes. All the crappies came between 5 and 8 PM Sat. nite. We were all the way to the end of there road and then some, all by ourself.

Thanks Kelly for the info!

Got back last night... fishing was decent out of Hillman's. In a nutshell... DOWNSIZE everything. Waxies were good on Friday night and minnows the size of you thumbnail worked great both nights. Bobbers didn't work well, a slow lift without a bobber did, rattle reels gave us a half dozen fish over night... fished out of both the hard house and portables, caught fish in both. The longer your glow lure dimmed, the better they'd hit it. Never had one bite the 1st couple minutes after I charged it up. Heard from several friends who were fishing in the "villages"......... terrible! Spread out!!! If you are just fishing with bobbers and are marking them but not catching them, they may be biting, but so light you'd never even know it. If your rod isn't sensitive enough, hold your line between your fingers to feel the bite.

Good Luck!

Ken

THANK YOU to Kelly, Buddy, Pat and Tigger for getting the roads in the condition they are in. You guys haven't been dealt any aces this year, but the roads look great!

hey labs the highlite of the weekend was kellie the wife and I watching you pull the truck out of the ditch. Next time I think I will stay back a little further though. Man did we laugh. I wonder what the guy in the truck thought when his back wheels came off the ground 3 feet. To funny

Think he learned his lesson? He yelled at my brother asking if I could pull him out a little softer!confused.gif I'm just glad he missed Ninetoes... He'd really be helping keep the Ford plant around if he would've hit him! I'm just glad I have that super long jerk strap... as the ol' saying goes... don't leave home without it! Good seeing ya', I think I still owe you a beer...

Good Luck!

Ken

Yea just turn left at the old Johnson sleeper and go East/Northeast about 2 miles or so den der. Then ya turn right at the Anderson portable and go about 50 feet. Drill two holes and there ya are. Should have your limit in 20 MN. grin.gif Hey Powerstroke, I think that's what he was looking for!

~piker

just mentioned NINETOE in a post above--is he still on this forum? I havent seen him post anything for awhile?

He still checks in every now and then... I saw a post or two from him last week... you can usually find him at WW on the weekends...

Good Luck!

Ken

ohh I see, Well I havent really met anyone from this forum up on URL and I would like to meet some of them someday. Be neat to know a few guys that can help out if I have some trouble or anything.

Let us know when you'll be up and maybe we can meet up sometime... I'm always good to help "pull" someone out of a predictament! Just ask Cookie! grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

Now, I don't know the story but knowing Labs, can understand why he is in his glory finally getting to pull someone else out wink.gif Any story that has both Labs and Toes in it as characters and doesn't revolve around the theme of in the ditch or stuck is a pure work of fiction and should probably have the BS banner hung on it cool.gif

I guess you had to be there. We drove down to watch as we thought it would be a good laugh. Tears were rolling down my cheeks when all was done. ken must of been going 40 miles an hour when that tow strap got tight.I had the perfect veiw and the back tires had to go 3 feet in the air. The driver must of had the wheels turned to the right as the truck road the shoulder right towards nintoes and us. When labs stopped ninetoes truck was pointed at the ditch with the tow rope rapped around his truck.

So that's what happened..... cool.gifwink.gifoops! hehehe

I know toe's little Ranger probably has had a couple sleepless nights after having 2 crew cabs and a rope all aiming for it at once! How did that guy miss him? It looked like a truck square dance on hwy 72 that night!!!!

I still want to know what road or diveway he was aiming for...

Good Luck!

Ken

LABS4ME... YOU DID NOT JUST MENTION "JERK" did you! OH boy, let me tell you about a LABS4ME Jerk! 2 years ago, I brought my group of 8 guys from IA and MN...YES IOWA(not me however!) After driving into a slush pocket, high centering a Tahoe, getting lost in the darndest whiteout 7 miles out on a lake, having to borrow an oldtimers GPS to get us back to WW, I met LABS4ME, brother, and the BOTS! The JERK came the next morning where if I am not mistaken (and correct me LABS if I am wrong) we not only talked you guys into a tug, but happened to SNAP the JERK strap in two which led to one of my crews brotherhood name of "WHISKEY JERK!" Sounds like your story might be better from over the weekend, but it definitely got my memory bank rolling once again. LABS4ME, email me so we can catch up here in the cities for a beer...or we could just do it URL style and have 20 and a few shots!

Memories is what its all about! Not how many fish can I take home!

RUSS

AKA Bull Head Slayer

BHS my man... where have you been? Long time no chat! We do have some catching up to do and a metro beer might just take care of that! When you going up this year? We'll have to hook up when you are up there.

As for the tow strap... we corrected that problem after the day we pulled you out... no more problems with the rope now! She's always ready to help out someone out of a predictament (or a drift hehehe). Best thing is.... they're free! grin.gif

I'll e-mail you from work tomorrow....

Good Luck!

Ken

oops... almost forgot, "Good talk Russ"