• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Building a trailer for Ice Fishing

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where of look for ideas about building a trailer for pulling a portable and gear behind a atv.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to build one from scratch after acquiring the materials...especially with the price of steel, but you can buy a decent trailer from any home improvement store for around $500. It could haul the ATV to the lake and then you could load it with your fishing gear. This is definitely the right year for pulling a trailer around with the amount of snow out there. Other years I'm not so sure how well it'd work, but it's been a while since we've had a lot of snow on the lakes too.

Trailer? I know the Menards in town here has some single place trailers that run about $500, give or take. Other stores like Fleet Farm, Runnings, etc also have similar trailers that you can hook up and go.

ATV? Sky is the limit I suppose. I haven't seen many used ones in the paper for sale. With this mild winter I think they are getting more use than normal and aren't parting with them as easily. New ones go for 4,5,6,7 thousand dollars. Check the ATV forum here for more info about every flavor you're looking at.