• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anything happening anywhere????

Looking to go out this weekend. Is anything happening any where? There hasn't been any good posts of any activity this week???? Just looking for a looking action somewhere????

I fished Lime Lake all last weekend. We missed one northern. That's about all we got for 3 days of fishing.

Just got home from Benton. Started fishing at 11:30 Friday morning and came home with NOTHING. TUK

Shetek...crapies 10 to 14 inch fish. walleyes are from 15 to 20 inches. 10 to 20 slabs a night 2 to 3 eyes....Less than 4 fow.........No bull

That sounds like alot of fun, I have some friends who live in Montevideo, how far is Shetak from that town? I also was wondering if there were any fish in the river that runs thru Montevideo???

Where on shetek are these fish biting? What are you catching them on and at what times of the day? Thanks for all of the info

Some nice perch biting on Lake Okabena in Worthington on the east end of the lake in 8-9 fow. genz worm tipped with spikes.

now jake125 do you want me to catch them for you?????? Think mid season crapppies bum rushing the same school of minnows on shetek and I can think of only two places to fish. By the way just got home form there and only got two 14 in slabs......But daughter and I will soon be filleting 10 beautiful eyes and one 12in jumbo.......from the same location.15,15,16,17,17,17,17,19,20,20 Those are the eyes....Look for the frabil usually on the move staying put for a week straight now 4 fow........

Tip-up-king, I was not out this weekend. If I was, you know that the numbers would be huge! I has other obligations with the wife to do some family bonding. I hope to get out this weekend, I just dont know if I should hit "Shitek" or try the Dakotas for some fish. If I had to pick three spots to choose from it would be - Whitewood, Poinsett, or my buddy Shitek. I hope to figure out this 4 foot secret and maybe give that a try. Check ya late tuk-Fey.

Suupposedly fishing is good on the river, if you have a boat! Open Water! My wife is from Montevideo, we just moved up north a year ago. Let us know how you do!

Hey thanks for the help, I do have a boat, but I was talking more about in town there, it looked like there was a couple good shore spots to try right there in the park... I'd love to take a boat out though, where do you put in?? Thanks again!

GO to Lake Bloody that is connected to SHetek. Has been good crappie fishing there all winter and they continue to have luck.

Some buddies of mine did well up there last weekend (Fri. Nite). THey caught a couple nice perch, 10-12 crappies, and a bunch of walleyes, the walleyes were small but they caught one 26 incher and were only there til like 630.

sdstate, I would like some help. I am torn betwenn heading to south dakota or staying home and fishing the inlet all weekend. Where exactly were your friends in the inlet and how many feet of water were they in. I know the inlet like the back of my hand, so If you could help me pinpoint the location I would greatly appreciate it. I fished up there for a couple of hours last sat. with a buddy of mine that was up there all weekend and all he caught in three days was one 3 lb walleye. I am curious if they are in the channel or just off the channel working the breakline. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jparrucci
      Very low, probably 2 feet lower than last year at ice out.
    • mbeyer
      what do they look like this spring?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I might have missed a guess, but here are the ones that I noted:   JerkinLips – March 27th, then April 7th Brianf. – March 28th Bobberwatcher – April…. MikeG3Boat – April 10th SkunkedAgain – early April, then April 21st   Definitely a tough year for guesses, as it seemed to be a no-brainer early ice out. Then it got cold and snowed again.
    • mbeyer
      MN DNR posted April 13 as Ice out date for Vermilion
    • Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.