• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a little help with these two parks. We are looking at possibly going camping at one of these parks over Memorial Day weekend with a couple of other families. I am wondering if the fishing is good at either spot(Madison Lake and Lura lake) and if it is a good clean facility for family camping.

Thanks.

Ive stayed at both they will be packed at bray better chance at Daily as far as fishing if we get a warm sunny spring the weeds will be up and heavy on lura (good topwater bassin)

madison the walleyes will be going and the crappies will too

hope this helps

I have been to both many times. The camping areas are both extremely nice. You should be happy with either.

Madison definitely has a nicer swimming area! It also has a volleyball pit and horseshoe pit.

Lura gets very weed choked until mid-July.

Bray is by far a better choice, but I'll bet you won't get in their. Exspecally on a holiday weekend. They start taking reservations on march 1st I beleive. We haven't been able to get in their much in the last 2 years. and they have been by last minute cancellations.

You are going to want to get on those reservation asap! I do not remember when they start taking them, but if you don't get called in with in the first couple of hours, you will not be camping at either. I would chose Madison as a first choice and lura as a second. Call Blue Earth county and find out what date they start taking reservations. Don't wait!

Another place you could check out if there taken is Clear lake by Waseca has a big campground and theres always something that will bite there. Theres a mini golf course and horse shoe pit and a great drive in and restaurant close to it.

That would be Kesslers and I would bet that they are already booked. Awesome place to camp, but camping spots are at a premium.