• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye season Extended?

perchman

Someone emailed me that the walleye season has been extended a week. Is this true? could not confirm it.

ooo.gif

Yea, the DNR had a miss-print in the 2005-bilaws/regs book and their website confirms this, It is now open I believe until February 26th 2006, not the 19th.

This new reg really makes sense since last year the season closed one weekend later. Considering the iffy season that we've had so far it should certainly be good for the resort owners. Bill

Kudos to you Bill. You know . . . ever since I was a kid in high school (ok 30 some yrs back), I always thought it would make sense to end the walleye season on the 28th when we had to take the houses off the ice! tongue.gif

I haven't seen the new regulation in its entirety, it would seem to me that they would give people a little extra time on house removal, especially the resorts. At Macs for example it could be a monumental task to remove 400 houses in 2 days. I believe the northern half of the State has a different removal date. Not sure of the boundary but it does include Upper Red and north to LOW. Bill