• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Pain and Horror

S.O.S.

Is there anything you can do to ward off the pain and horror of waiting to depart for the weekend fishing trip to Upper Red Lake? confused.gif As I sit at my desk reading all the posts of people catching those beautiful 1-1/2 pound slabs i just want to jump through my screen and transport myself ( you know)like the old StarTrek "beam me up scottie" thing, right to my shack on Red. Then reality sets in and I realize I can't leave work until Noon. mad.gif The minutes seem like days, the hours seem like months. The phone rings " Hey this my chance to make up some bogus story on how my kid threw up at school and I better get there ASAP". But NOOO!!!! this is some A-hole who wants me to meet him at 2pm today to look at an Emergency Project. I try to sound as credible as possible when I inform this gentleman that we no longer provide the services you require. He just wouldn't understand that I am having my own personal emergency and nothing will cure this until I'm headed North at 12:01pm. cool.gif See you guys on the Lake! When I get back I'll post about the crappies we caught and torture some other poor souls sitting at work, reading the fishing reports, waiting to leave for their weekend on Red grin.gif

I feel your pain SOS!! I'm sitting here at home, sick, just waiting to get up to URL. My trip is next week and it will be the first time I've ever been there. I can't wait to experience what it's like up there....even if we don't catch a lot of fish, I just want to take it all in.

We take a family Canada trip every year and it's just like what you've described. Minutes seem like hours, hours seem like days and so on. Sometimes I wonder why I even work the week prior to a fishing trip 'cause all I can think about for that week prior to it is getting there and fishing until I can't fish no more. And, as always, I can't ever get enough fishing in....the worst part of a fishing trip is that it always has to come to an end. And usually on my trips, the fish really start to get hot the day before I have to leave! smile.gif Nonetheless...waiting to get up there is a killer...leaving there will be too. The beauty of it all is that next year I'll probably do it all over again! smile.gif

If it was a day or more before you leave, I'd suggest drinking beer to help "ease your pain". grin.gif But, since you're leaving in a couple hours, you probably don't want to go down that route! Best advice I can give ya is to grin and bear it! smile.gif

good luck on your trip!

25 minutes till your time...

Living vicariously through you on URL (drink one (or two) for me) while your up there, Zebco4040!!

Good luck!

Once you get on the Lake all the problems back home seem to disappear, there is something mystic about the lake. Don't forget to make a toast to the triangle and also the crappie gods and you have to use the ice from the lake to make the proper drink. If you do this properly you won't have any misfortune. You may have to make several drinks before you do it correctly but keep trying until you get it right. Most of all enjoy yourself and the people that you are with and the local people...the locals are good people.

SOS (sauce)

You can't eliminate the pain.

But you can transfer it (... from mental anguish ... to physical pain) !

CLAMPY.jpg