• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone ever tried spearing on this lake just to see if any big ones come through? It would be interesting cutting a spear hole just to see some big fish even if you couldn't spear them. Let me know if anyone has any experience regarding this.

i know some people spear in the lake but you gotta becareful of the 24 rule. I was out there about 3 weeks ago and we had 6 tip ups and fished for 4 hrs. 1 flag all day. I'm hoping to get back out there in the near future but don't know when.

Is it legal to drink an adult beverage while in your truck waiting for flags? Or is that more of a wink-wink thing?

I don't know if it is legal or not but when we were out there last time the ice conditions were not right for driving out on I don't know about currently. Has any one been out lately? I was just wondering ice conditions out there and if the dang things were actually biting.

I heard a couple of weeks ago from a co-workers son that there was only 5 inches of ice out there. WIth the warm weather lately, I don't think there any more ice being made in the past few weeks.

As far as having a beverage in the truck, that is still considered an "open container" and against the law. Let's put it this way, the rules of alcohol and a motor vehicle are pretty strict; if you were legally drunk , got into your vehicle in your own driveway, or garage for that matter, with the keys in your possesion, and a law enforcement officer happened to come upon you, you could get busted for DUI. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is running or not, you would still get busted. They go on the motive of "intent", even if you were not 'intending anything other than a shelter. I've had former coworkers get busted for this very thing.... bottom line is be careful grin.gif