• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Holland lake

Had to be in Rosemount today so I figured I'd sqeeze in a few hours fishing. I only recently found out that Holland has been stocked with trout, so thats where I went. Drilled holes all over at every depth and found no trout, however everywhere from ten to forty feet had teeny sunnies. So I didn't get skunked but it would have been nice to snag a few trout. Anyone have some tips for this lake, I may head there again in the near future. I used to fish this lake as a kid from shore never did catch anthing worth keeping.

A buddy and I were out there last Sunday for a few hours and experienced the same as you. Lots of TINY gils and crappies suspended in depths ranging from 25 out to 60 feet. On the way off the lake asked a guy for a report - said he had caught rainbows right under the ice in 10 fow. I've never fished for them but like you wanted to give it a shot so it was something new to me. Good luck if you go back out.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That little lake just gets pounded year after year, especially thru the ice. Don't expect a lot if ya go there, plenty of potato chip crappies and sunnies. The occasional trout can be fun when you get one. I've got plenty of hours on that lake over the years, but I find myself fishing that lake less as every year goes by. Anything that reaches keeper size, seems to be kept. In the good ol days that lake held some pretty big northerns, ahhh the good ol days. grin.gif

Ive fished that lake alot in the past, last year that lake just got pounded by trout anglers, not a lot left in that lake except small sunnies.