• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was going to the store with my son around 430 this afternoon....i live in a rural area.....we take the dirt roads to the store.i was passing one road and saw some life...backed up and went down the road and drove up on four bobcats...i thought they were maybe lynx...but after i got home...looked at a website and they looked like bobcats...one was white...heard of that before....we drove right up to one of them and i even opened the door before that one moved....i have never seen more than one before...thought they where solitary...and the websites about them said that as well....it sure was something to see....ecspecially with my son...after the store we went back to look at the tracks....very large paws...i guess i have never felt so excited to see an animal in the wild like that...it was a real treat......

That's awesome Gary! What a sight!

Was your son as excited as you?

Your boy is six now? He's must be getting big! I think I saw him last when he was three or four. Enjoy your time with him!

Cool Gary man.

Way, way cool.

Always pay to be on the look out.

Super.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

cool.gif

Hey Gary...very cool...did you get any pics? Were they eating or just milling around...sounds like you saw something that is most unusual...as said before...right place right time...hope it continues this summer eh!

WOW, that must have been exciting to see. I have some land just north of you and all we ever see and hear are coyotes. It's fun to see the younger kids start skirming around the campfire when they start howling. Wait 'til I start telling them the story of the pack of bobcats roaming the area, nobody will make a mad dash to the outhouse in the middle of the night anymore.

It's very possible these were Lynx kittens especially with large paws and acting the way they did. My boss is a biologist who has been involved with Lynx trapping. He was going to go out and check it out. Stay tuned for the results. smile.gif

i went to where i saw the cats with ...the local biologist....he said they where indeed lynx tracks....he said they may even stay in the area....they may do some live trapping of them....would be cool to help out....ive been driving around trying to see them again...with camera....its amazing to me how excited i remain about this.................hey phil lets have lunch one day next week..going to the cities tomorrow...should be back monday..........

Gary,

Glad you and Dan hooked up on this. Good that you posted it here so I saw it otherwise we may have never known. Lynx are so cool... grin.gif

Jim

...your boss e-mailed me and said he saw all kinds of tracks sat....im going to look around tomorrow or whenever the snow quits...yea they do perk ones interest....