• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Home on leave in April, where can I find the best fishing

Just found out I'm going over-seas in May, I'll be home in April in the Alex area. Crappie should be open. Where and how should I fish them. confused.gif

Thanks,

Mike

New to the Alex area.

Kudos, Mike.

Traditionally, you're in between seasons in April. If springs warms fast, you could try Oscar bay just off Highway 27 - usually fast action from shore. Boat fishing is a crap-shoot, depends on water temps - and hatch.

On a side note - God's Speed, Sir.

Northernhunter, As stated April can be a tough month, but there is nearly always somethint going somewhere. Try posting the week before you come home and we may be able to put you on some action. It changes almost daily depending on the weather so its hard to speculate. In the meantime, enjoy the forums, there is a lot of great information, and good humor out here! Brent

keep us informed, I will help if I can. I know a couple spots where the ctappies bite in april. My hat is off to you. Mike

the bay by torgy's on minnewaska can be good in april, otherwise if you want to drive a couple hours there are some great opportunities in south dakota

• 1 month later...

Mike, don't know anything about the fishing up there but wanted to say Thanks for serving!

James P. Schmitz

MSGT, USAF, Retired

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to ask for honey-holes, but when you say there are great opportunities in South Dakota, do any of these opportunities happen to be near Sioux Falls or in the general area? I'm down here at school and wouldn't mind taking a break from studies once in awhile to do some fishing... Thanks!