• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Rock Report?

Anything happening out on Little Rock as of late? Can a person still access it from the Benton Beach area? Thought about givign it a shot for some of those perch that have been biting. 9-11 inchers is that right? Sounds like it could be fun!!! Thanks for any info.

The perch bite is all day long but you have to weed through a million of the little guys to get some nice size ones--bring lots of minnows! Crappies have been biting very late but they are nice size fish. Last Saturday night we got 11 of them all over 10" and three of them over 13". The last two nights I've been out though I haven't even gotten a bite. Thank God for pork chops in a can!!

Find the break between 5 and 17 ft of water. Fish the deeper water and stay up anywhere from 3-5 ft off of the bottom. The crappies are coming in high and often times you won't even mark them until they are right on top of the bait. Give a little jig if they don't bite right away and that will often times turn them on. We've used a lot of different jigs but #4 glow demons have worked well. Good luck and cross their eyes. Speaking of 'eyes has anyone caught any on Little Rock yet? I don't want your honey hole just wondering if they are actually out there.

I haven't been out there for 3 weeks now, but our house has produced 4 walleyes this year from 15-18". Last time I was out we caught well over 100 perch in no time. I have seen some true jumbo perch that came from 6 fow. The guy was using some big minnows looking for walleyes or northerns. No northerns for this me yet, that is a little odd.

Thanks for the response 'fife--We haven't been able to find anything but the perch and the crappies. One northern in the middle of the day but I think he was just lost or something! Tip ups have produced nothing. I'm gonna have to get mobile one of these days and try to find a walleye out there.

Went out to the break on the west side yesterday for a few hours yesterday and two of us caught about 80 perch, most were 6" or smaller coming on waxies, our big ones were caught on small shiners. Set up in 14.5 FOW. It seems like anywhere you go you are going to find perch and lots of them. There was a car and full size truck on the ice where we were and the ice seemed to hold up fine.

Hey fuzzer, how late are we talking when you say "very late"? Those craps sound fun, if they aren't past the old tipovertime

We were getting them as late as 1:00 in the morning but they have moved on I guess. confused.gif We have been out three times and been skunked over the last week. The fish we were getting didn't start until after 8:00 and would go as late as you wanted to stay. Probably going to move the house soon if they don't start up again. The perch are still biting but they are pretty small for the most part. I'll put something out there if we get into them again!

Hey fuzz, I dont know where you are at, but the east side of the lake about halfway up (the main body), if you can find 16 feet or so we did well there two years ago... Just an idea. I don't fish the lake that often, mostly head west. Good luck man, I know there are some sweet crappies in there cool.gif

For anyone that has regularly fished this lake, does either the east side deep break or the west side dropoff give you better success than the other? It seems like the houses just line up along both. Also is there an access on the west side, or do you just have to cross the lake from the east PA? That spot by the public access where the lake is right off the road and the fence that says "no parking" all over it, what the deal I always see vehicles parked along that.

Yes, you can use that access on the west side of the lake it is now a park. There are also 3 others Benton Beach on north, off hwy 10 by Kings, and on the SE corner you can drive on. I think the road is Sucker Creek and it turns to gravel and goes right into the lake. As for which side to fish i prefer the west side there seem to be less pressure and on this lake if you want to catch something other than perch get away from the crowds. There is lots of structure that is not on any maps you just need to drill some hole and find it.

Quote:

Also is there an access on the west side, or do you just have to cross the lake from the east PA? That spot by the public access where the lake is right off the road and the fence that says "no parking" all over it, what the deal I always see vehicles parked along that.

I usually access from Benton Beach but will not hesitate to access from this "No Parking" area. I don't know if the guy is just really protective of his dilapidated fence or if he is confused with the concept of a road being public (meaning anyone and their brother can park there) but the bottom line is the signs are a waste of wood. Good fishing!

SA/wdw

Just curious about the bite on the east side breakline??? I did real well there about 10 years ago in the area of 12-15 FOW for the walleyes and crappies. I was on the steep area not far (1/4 mile) from the Sucker Creek. Not looking for any secrets, just recent reports. Thought about giving it a shot on Sunday. I'll let you know how I do if I go... Thanks for any info.

was out on the lake a couple of days ago caught many perch and some decent got to pick them out no crappies though.