• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

little crow anglers walleye tourney

It is june 3-4. Same format as last year and entry fee is $200 per boat.

I would maybe enter if the RYKS Boys don't. LMAO They seem to have the lake pinned down. Finish in the top 5 if not winning the thing out right. The guys that won last year followed another guy to his spots. Go figure but their to cheap to buy and good locates. Those same guys have been hitting smallie on the head with a hammer and throwing back. They told me that.

I don't know why everyone acts scared of one person's success on the lake. Anyone can do well in the tournament. And to want someone to not be in the tourny is ridiculous. I like knowing that I am going up against the best in our area who fish the lake all the time.

Hey its all fun to try and show up a local if you can! wink.gifgrin.gif

Its a challenge no matter which way you look at it, that goes for any tournament.

BTW, I talked to the person that won it last year the day before the tourney started. We asked each other how we did. I told them that day I caught about 5 eyes and mostley just used my camera to look for fish. Hes like, yeah we got into about 32 of them. Im still wondering where that is. Maybe I'll try and follow them this time since thats what works for them! lol j/k

jschneids, If you don't know but all of those guys are my relatives. I also have the same last name. I thought maybe J from j's bait would have seen it. I'm sure he would have found it funny also. I don't do much as far as toury's go I have more fun just guiding a guy and his child out on fish.

Burned out on the tournement thing. Didn't like beating up my equipment also.

I don't know the people that won it last year personally, but I fished near them both days and I didn't see them do anything wrong or unethical. They fished a community spot and were actually a little ways away from all the other boats. Boats stack up on top of each other and they were actually the oddballs off to the side.

I am still waiting for a respectful finish in this tourney. I have had some awesome days of prefishing only to fall flat on my face come Saturday. Last year, my brother and I CPR'd 17 walleyes on Thursday and then couldn't find them again. I have to admit that I am guilty of fishing in the crowds out there. Everyone seems to always have the same spots. I guess I need to get out there and find some more plan Bs.

jim anything new from dnr improving green you may know about stocking crayfish ect castindad

the ryks boys have paid their dues on green and you cant take that away from them they are just darn good hooks and know the lake well very well! you dont compete against them you compete against the lake? when its tough the tough get tougher bottom line castin dad

Castindad I have not heard much from the dnr on stocking any crawfish. It may help feed the smalies to keep them from eating the other small fish and fry. But it is hard to grow crawfish and return them back to the lake. Transplanting crawfish may do more harm than good. It may bring things from other water that green maybe doesn't have. I know if you went to the BWCA you could bring out tons of crawfish. I canoed there with the boyscouts. A dad thought he would clean his walleye in the morning. Only to find the crawfish cleaned it for him. Almost ate the whole fish. I'll do some calling and look for more info.

As for the boys have done a lot of fishing on green. I bought 3 different guys out to prefish and show them some areas on green lake before thier tournement. 2 finished in the money. I would fish it if I had someone to fish with.

My sons are burned out on fishing, and will only fish for a couple hours and they have had enough. One time my youngest liked stay out most of the day, but we were fishing walleyes and smallies on the mississippi r. We boated and released about 100 fish in 5 hours. The smallest smallies was a pound, our largest fish was a 12 lb northern.

I can't wait for the spring fishing.

Yeah Jim,

I caught that right away, infact I had one of the Ryks stop by not to long ago......and we were making fun of this jigginjim guy ...hee...hee grin.gif

Later.

J.

I fished The green lake tourny 4 years in a row. I never placed in the money but had lots of fun. BUT I Know that im not the only one that quit fishing it because of the unsportsman like conduct of the slect few people that you are talking about. Its one thing to be very Knowledgeable about the lake, But To Act Like you own The lake Like I was told buy One of them Is Another. Fishing A toury Is very compedative But that does not give you the right to basically act Like An A$$hole to your Compedators.

Buy The way most people act that way when there Threatened

With all the concern about the green tourny I am suprised we didnt have more interest on Diamond that walleyeking put on through the league. We had that one in August and we would like to have the same one again plus maybe a different lake. We keep it small time and low key. Contact myself or walleyeking. Keep it in mind, check it out for next year.

I would be very interested in a diamond lake toury. I didnt here about one last year If you give me your E mail address

I want details. Diamond is forsure in my top five favorite local lakes.

HI guys, just for kill the cat curiousness, has anyone thought about a tourny on norway lake? Like the second weekend after opener or the weekend after memorial day? Than do the green lake tourny 2 weeks after that one? It would be really surprising to see what would be caught.

I would like to fish tournies again but need someone to fish them with. The 680 ranger I have should work ok for these lakes. My pennies worth.

Walleyeking posted it on here last summer and I think he said he put some fliers up. It was the first year and it was a good bite the third weekend in August. Keep our thursday night league in mind too. Different lake every week and would like to get a few more boats and like I said a tournament or two again that is open to anyone. This is low key and it is not a big deal if you cant make it every week. [email protected]

I am in total agreement with walleye4life about how the unsportsman like conduct of those 2 anglers can detract from the tournament experience. mad.gif

jigginjim, the guys that won the tourney last year started out in the same spot as c&d but that isn't where they got their fish. i started in the same spot so if you don't believe me ask c&d. mansons fished hard long before the tourney and had found their fish before hand also. saturday morning the only other person to fish in that area was j.g.he picked up his fish and left. it was busy on sunday where mansons did well on saturday. for the most part, everyone left them alone for the 1st. hr. or so before sliding in close, i thought that showed quite a bit of respect for their hard work. we did well last yr. but i thought it was good to see those guys win it. i have always thought they were good guys to fish next to.

searchin. I have clars locator, just got it back from a dealor who checked it out. He said it needs to be sent to factory. Also the transducer on his is more than likely shot. I'm calling him in the morning.

I fishing those guys when we were kids.

I am not sure on the tourney yet. More than likely I will be there again. My brother and I are both starting new jobs this summer, so I don't know how our schedules will work out.

jigging jim point well taken! if there where crawfish in the lake maybe the smallies would leave the other fish some what to grow ?

maybe there could be a crawfish trapping to breed them in a area? that may up the population of crawfish? But there seems to be alot of other forage for the fish to feed on?

I would like to know why nobody has ever tried fishing tullabies on green? I would think that could be a blast if you could find them.

i kinda like your idea but why cant the dnr think of something like that? probably think it would throw the lake out of balance? rearing ponds have produced many of the fish left in the lake now? castindad

I think finding the tullabies is the tough part on green.

The population of those has gone down since the past 10 years too. I dont know the reason for it but I did hear that from the DNR.

I am a LCA Green Lake tournament commitee member this is the info for 2006. Tourney dates 6-3&4 50 BOAT LIMIT $300 Entry $3000-1st(guaranteed) $2000-2nd $1500-3rd $1200-4th, $1000-5th, $800-6th, decrease by $100 to $300-11th. Trophies for 1st-3rd. First entries in First out. Entries rec'd after 5-29 will draw for start positions and will go out last both day. We should have info out week of 2-13 to all who have fished in the past 3 years. Entries will go to general public and will be available at polebender.com.1 week after mailing to past entries. As of today pole bender has not been updated. Get your money in ASAP or you might not get in with only 50 teams.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to check on crawfish in green does that mean your going to try counting them spuradically in calm water or accuratly laying dead and injured after heavy winds. saw an awfull lot of them while fishing the morning after storms several times this late summer and fall. semed to get an impressive walleye only bite especially downtown aftet wind blew in that direction overnite. yeah you have to catch a few large gators and bass to but if you shoreline fish above the dead craws first couple morning hours its mostly walleye.number of craw per half mile dead estimate thousands.waiting to long to fish ,lets say if the wind has settled down your to late.

LCA, any idea what the boat count is. My dad and uncle have theirs in and I am waiting on my brother to commit.