• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Childress shopping DC?

Bobby Bass

I was just trying to have some fun on here and see if I could get a rise out of anybody! Besides it really doesn't matter what is said as we are not the owners of the team. I was merely hinting that why would DC bee asking for more $$$ when he gets 6 million next month. If that was me I would shut up, smile and say thank you very much! Why else would he be flapping his gums? He wants out! And yes I would rather have a rookie than DC or Brad. New look Vikings ya know! wink.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• JIvers

• cybermuskie

• nofishfisherman

What if the new look starts to look more like the 49ers with their rookie QB?

what if the new look is Eli Manning or Carson Palmer or Big Ben-like?

what is the evidence that says DC has trouble reading defenses? good question, I will try and give my take. First, it was well known and reported that most defenses would play Moss with Cover 2 or roll a safety to Moss's side. When a Def does that, it limits the other type of coverage they can play. Now let it be known that I am not a big Moss fan and am glad they traded him, but he did limit the types of defenses we saw. So DC had only 1 or 2 or mebbe 3 types of defenses to read. So he became adept at reading those defenses and knowing where to go with the ball. Moss leaves and what happens? DC goes in the tank. why? Well to me (an ex-QB) he exhibited all the tell-tale signs of not knowing where to go with the ball. He held the ball, he ran before he should, he threw picks. All classic signs of not understanding the defense. Make no mistake about it, reading a defense after the ball is snapped takes some darn quick thinning in the NFL.

Some more to think on. DC prolly has the best set of physical skills at QB in the NFL. His passes are pretty. He has a cannon. He can run better than anyone not named Vick. Is he the best QB in the league then? Not even the staunchest DC backer would suggest that, I dont think. Compare him to Peyton. Have you ever seen Peyton run? It darn near hurts the eyes. His passes, although fairly accurate, arent exactly Elway-like bullets. So why is Peyton so good? He knows exactly what receiver and where and maybe more importantly WHEN his receiver should be getting the ball. He is extremely good with the mental part of the game. So good in fact, he calls his own plays at the line of scrimmage! Brady would be another example.

the last thing I will mention is that I seem to remember that DCs audibles rarely worked. Some did, but most didnt. What that tells me is that defenses disquised coverages/blitz/stunt packages on him or he just didnt understand when to call an audible. Now I know someone is gonna mention the one bad BJ audible that ended up in that rotten pass and pick. That is not evidence that DC was good at it. Everyone makes mistakes, and that was a bad one on BJs part.

I cant believe we are talking about this in Feb. i would like either Leinert or Young in a Vikes uni, but I dont think it would happen.

Thank you CodyDawg for a well explain reason for what you are saying. I am not defending DC so much as I am trying to figure out why everyone hates him so much. No one could give me a good answer. Sounded more like people were just regergetating what they might have herd some commentator say.

I was looking for someone to have actually developed an opinon for himself with well reasoned explainations for what he thought. Simply repeating your opinion doesn't give a reason for having it.

I am not going to say that DC is the best in the league, I think that is well established that he is not. However, I believe mental mistakes are easier to overcome then physical. And I don't think I have even seen him make a physical mistake. He has everything. If a new coach that has history of developing a good QB comes in here why would you guys not give DC a chance to work with a great coaching staff? He was pretty dang good with Linehan. Do you really think that Tice and Loney did him justice in their play calling?

ALso I am not 100% sure how true this is but there was talk on KFAN yesterday that the recievers made alot of mistakes early in the year. Missed routes, not going after balls, dropped balls all the above. The guy who made the comments was Jermain Wiggins so I would tend to give some credit to it. What do you think that says about how DC played, was it totally his fault?

Quote:

I am not defending DC so much as I am trying to figure out why everyone hates him so much. No one could give me a good answer. Sounded more like people were just regergetating what they might have herd some commentator say.

I was looking for someone to have actually developed an opinon for himself with well reasoned explainations for what he thought. Simply repeating your opinion doesn't give a reason for having it.

Is it really that hard to figure out why everyone dislikes DC? Could it be that he tanked our season from the get go? 5 losses! In 7 games his QB rating was 72! He had 6 TD's, 12INT's, and 5 Fumbles. If that wasn't enough reason to dislike him, does the "Love Boat" ring any bells? Here is the "leader" of the team,and he get named in the charges. Also he had his knee blown out and who knows if he can even make it back. He is going to be real nervous about running on that knee now. I think the reasons I've listed for not liking DC didn't need to be listed. That's why I didn't do it earlier! I guess it was my bad for not realizing that people couldn't figure out the reasons people didn't care for him.

Another reason I see him wanting to be traded is his wanting more money! If a player wants to stay with a team he doesn't go in asking for money after blowing out his knee and having that bad of season. He doesn't need to say "I want out" His actions are speaking for themselves! If anything he wants a bigger bonus because he figures his knee won't make it back. If thats the case why do we want him? Trade him while he might have some value!

Hopefully I didn't just repeat myself again, but this time I listed the obvious reasons I think we should trade DC!

Everyone who has said they didn't want C-pepp had a very good reason. Nobody said they just didn't like the guy. Nofish I dont know if you watch the Viking games but if you did you would know why nobody wants C-pepp on the Vikes. Read all the posts on here when C-pepp was QB. Every single post pretty much said they were not even tuning in anymore or tuning in for 5 minutes then shutting off the tube.

What fun is cheering for your favorite team when they are down by 30 in the first quarter?

And you know what even Brad Johnson kept us in the game, and I could watch the whole game (with most being wins). Imagine what could happen if we had a younger, stronger armed qb?

If we are calling for people who didn't play well to get traded then we will have about 10% of our team left next year. We will have Kluwe and Pat Williams.

Fact is no one played well in the first 7 games. Brad did not single handily turn the season around.

One bad year does not mean you should get rid of a guy right away. Every player in the NFL has had a bad year. DC has had some great years to and I think you guys are so short sighted that you forget what he can do. Most of you guys are so fickle, its all about how good was your last game. I do watch the games from kickoff to postgame. And I see alot of reasons the vikes lost last year.

And don't use the argument that he had moss last year and that made him better. Moss was just as healthy in Oakland this year and they sure didn't do much. And he sure didn't make Collins a better QB.

Defense gave up 2 td's in the first quarter alot of times. Before DC even through a pass we would be down by 14. Only one int came when we were tied the other 11 came when we were trailing by double digits.

O-line can't pass block or run block, sacks lead to fumbles and no running game will lead you right into a losing season.

Coaching did the team no favors, every coach was over matched and didn't know what to do in any circumstance.

I say give DC a chance to come back, you need to know if the 2005 or the 2004 was the real DC. Give him new coaches (they did) give him a better 0-line (they better) and give him some defense so he doesn't have to do it all.

No available QB will make you better as a team, there just aren't any decent QB's available, unless you want to give DC and proabably another pick or two to get one of the top 2 qb's in the draft. And then you will have to wait 3-5 years for him to grow up. Thats about league avereage for a rookie QB