• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice thickness on indy?

wmn luv me walleye fearme

Was planning on putting out the permenant this weekend (with a 4 wheeler obviously) and was wondering about the ice thickness , especially by the comunity crappie hole out in 40 feet. Trying to avoid making the news standing next to a sunk house.

Thanks

I am not sure over by the Crappie hole. Been pretty much everywhere else on the lake though. We found 9-11" where ever we went. We are also thinking about putting out our shack. We're going to do some test punches and check the thickness. Guessing it will be out by Saturday. using a 4 wheeler. house-8x16.

Thanks for the post Bondo. Looks like we'll have it out on friday night then. Will pop some holes by the crappie spot and see how that is as well. Only borrowing the 4 wheeler so can't decide if we're better off putting it in closer walking distance and not as good of a spot or putting it all the way out there. Tough call. Doesn't look like I'll be driving anytime soon with a warm forecast for next week as well. (high of 37 on wednesday)

good luck